cross my heart

The boy awoke groggily and found himself back in his home, lying in bed. 'Huh? wasn't I... did they bring me back home?' Y/n threw the covers off and stood up, the floorboard creaking as he did. 'Is mom home? She must have questioned where i was.' the boy opened his door and walked out to descend the stairs to the first floor "Mom?" he called, but there was no answer. 

The boy reached the living room and opened the door, no one was there, only the sound of the television and light was on. the boy furrowed his brow and walked up to the television to turn it off.  But came to a standstill. The news was broadcasting.

"The Runswick killer has struck again." 

Y/n furrowed his brow but continued listening attentively 

" On March nineteen **** the body of a teenager named Y/n L/n was found murdered inside his house."

Y/n felt his face whiten 'What? But that's..today.' He turned on his heel and stood face to face with a person dressed in all black, a dirty beige mask pulled under their hood. 'Fuck fuck fuck.'  The male stood frozen until the killer raised their weapon and Y/n closed his eyes, shielded his face with his hands, and let out a scream

Everything went black.

Y/n blinked and opened his eyes. He was staring up at the roof of Roy's car. 'A nightmare.' He scrunched his nose as a smell entered his nose, he glanced to the side and found that neither Roy nor Nova was in the car with him. His head was still pounding, nevertheless, he glanced out the window, the window was rolled down, and y/n could see locks of vermillion hair.

Roy was leaning against the car, and he was smoking. 'Typical'

The scarlet hair glanced into the car and turned his attention to Y/n when he noticed the male was awake. "Well, hello there, pretty boy." he teased, puffing out smoke "Where are we?" Y/n inquired, "We're at a gas station around twenty minutes away from our house." Roy answered, leaning his forearms onto Y/n's open window.

"Your house?" They were, in fact, at a gas station on the side of the road, Y/n asked as he sat up and peered out the window. He felt a sharp ache go through his head as he sat up, and he made a painful expression. A hand was put on his chest and with a gentle shove, he was lying back on the backseat. "It's best if you lay down, you're suffering a possible concussion," Roy advised.

The boy winced,  "Concussion? Are you serious? He groaned. The redhead took an inhale from his cigarette, looking thoughtfully at the h/c haired "What?" Y/n remarked noticing Roy's stare. "Do you mind telling me what happened?" Roy inquired after giving him a long look. 

"I'm not sure...It is not really important. Y/n brushed it off. Roy stayed silent. "Well, it is Y/n. She clearly hurt you." He countered. "Just leave it, I said it doesn't matter," Y/n said with more hostility than intended. 

Roy didn't budge from the hostility in Y/n's voice, He stared at the male before turning around and leaning against the car again. The two didn't say anything to each other. Roy eventually peered back at the boy "Don't think you can tell that half-baked answer to Ezra and Elio, they are going to want to know what happened." There was an edge to his tone that the h/c haired couldn't quite understand.

"Whatever." 

After a few minutes of silence, Nova came back. Roy threw his cigarette to the ground and stepped on it, brushing off his hands "You got what you wanted N?" The ash blond nodded. "Yep." 

The two stepped into the car, "Oh, you're awake, How are you feeling?" Nova asked turning towards Y/n as he put on his seatbelt and Roy started the car up once more. "Hey Nova Yes I'm feeling amazing, I've never felt better," Y/n remarked in a mocking high-pitched tone Nova gave him a sideward glance. Y/n grunted and laid his arm over his eyes, the evening light was giving him a headache.