questioning

Hours flew by, the group of males chatting amongst each other, eating food, and laughing. The sky outside grew gloomy, and soon there were drops of rain pattering against pipes and windows. Y/n checked his phone.

11:13 pm.

It was long past curfew, and his mother still hadn't shown up. She had said she would come home late, but it was now nearing the wee hours of the following morning. The boy started biting his nails in antipaction. "Are you okay, Y/n? Nova asked, and Y/n glanced at the ash blond.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit worried for my mother, she said she would come home late due to an emergency at work, but it's getting pretty late." The h/c haired explained. "Ah, I see." Nova sounded out.

"I wouldn't worry and fret too much, she probably just has a lot of work that needs to be finished" Elio reassured.

Y/n pulled his lips into a tight line "Yeah, perhaps you're right." The boy remarked and put his phone down, letting a deep sigh out.

'I'm beginning to regret keeping the package from Mom. She is now working on a case involving an active serial killer who sent a dead animal right to our door.'

The boy cast a weary glance outside, propping his head up by his palm. The more he thought about it the more guilt began eating away at his consciousness.

"Y/n, just like Elio said, I'm sure your mom is just busy," Ezra voiced with assurance. Y/n picked up the remote and switched to the local news channel. A man was sitting behind a desk holding a stack of papers.

"The serial killer is still running rabid around Runswick. This morning, two teenagers were murdered in broad daylight, this has planted new fear in the townsfolk since the killer has never appeared over the day before."

The man on the television shuffled his papers before continuing.

"Mayor Charlotte Pierce responded to the outbursts of fear and anger this evening."

A woman with ash blond hair and blue eyes showed up on the screen dressed in formal wear. Her stance was confident and reflected authority as her stern expression faced the camera.

"I am working with Sheriff Whitelock and Detective Evans to find the culprit. I will not put up with this obvious act of violence and depravity; it has continued for far too long, The killer will be brought to justice, this I vow. I'm sending out my sincerest thoughts and prayers to everyone impacted by this evil."

The screen flicked back to the news reporter.

"Detective Evans and Sheriff Whitelock are advising everyone to stay indoors after sundown, and be extra alert when going outside in the daytime."

"Now for the weather."

Y/n switched off the television and looked back at the brothers "It looks like your mom is very pissed and unpleased with this new revelation of the killer," he said. Nova shrugged. "Believe me, me and Ezra have noticed that, when we visit her, she...she has been very distant, to put it lightly." Nova sulked.

"What?" Y/n raised a brow 'Visit her? do they not live in the same house?'

Ezra spoke up, leaning his head against his palm as he propped his elbow on the dinner table. "What my brother is trying to say is that this whole thing has really been creeping under her skin."

"Much like your mom, Y/n," Roy added

Y/n tightened his lips into a line and took up the remote again "Wanna watch a movie?" The boys nodded and Y/n started booting up the television again.