Someone knocked at the front door.

Everyone's eyes shifted to the dark hallway where the front door was.

"Who the fuck?" Y/n mumbled to himself. He glanced back at the four males, and they too seemed to have no clue who the person was. Y/n sighed and hazily glanced back into the dimlit hall.

"I feel like if I go and open that door, I'll meet the saddest untimely demise known to man," Y/n said with a juxtaposing seriousness

The others gave him blank stares. "I'm kidding." Y/n shrugged and put down the remote. "Be right back." The male walked out to the hallway and closed the door to the living room. He went up to the front door and peered through the hole in the door, There stood Clark and Kiara. 'What are they doing here so late?' in his curiosity, he opened the door. "Hey guys, what's up?"

Kiara waved friendly at the h/c, and Clark gave him a small curt nod. "Can we come in? We need to discuss something with you." Clark asked, Y/n warily glancing back into the house. "Um, I kind of have company over right now," he mumbled "Do not tell me it's them." Clark spat the last word out.

Y/n awkwardly shuffled, "Oh my god, it is them, isn't it." The brunette said in dire disbelief. "Clark.." Kiara warned, Clark disregarded the girl "I'm serious, Y/n." He grabbed the h/c haired by the shoulders "You. need. to. stay away. from. them. They're bad news." Clark punctuated.

"Excuse me, am I interrupting something?" A voice spoke, and the three of them turned to face the speaker., Ezra stood behind them; he walked up to them and shot a blank expression when he noticed Clark's hands on Y/n. For a small second, it was almost like Ezra was glaring with how intense his stare was. An eerie feeling started forming, raising the hairs of the trio.

Clark connected the dots to Ezra's freakish reaction and quickly took his hands off Y/n.

Ezra pulled his lips into a sweetened smile, and Y/n stared at him in suspicion while Kiara and Clark looked uncomfortable, almost scared. The air around them felt warm, and the two friends stared at the ash blond like a bomb waiting to be defused, but with no knowledge of which wires to cut.

"Is there a reason you're at Y/n's house so late?" Ezra's tone was honeyed "None of your business, Pierce." Clark sneered. Ezra's smile didn't waver, but something in his eyes glinted. Y/n narrowed his eyes at the male before sternly regarding the duo. "We can talk tomorrow at school but right now it's late." Kiara and Clark nodded and darted away without a word.

Y/n closed the door and faced Ezra with a scowl "What was that about?" Ezra merely grinned, closed his eyes, and cocked his head, letting his hair fall across his face. "What do you mean?" Ezra's insistence on brushing off his uncanny behavior only agitated the h/c haired male more. "You practically scared off Clark and Kiara!" He lowly exclaimed.

Ezra looked at Y/n as if he were a child who just told him he had seen a fantasy animal. "I just don't get why you hang out around them, you don't know them," Y/n grumbled at the subject change. "I'm acquainted with them, we sometimes hang out, is there something wrong with that?" Y/n folded his arms "No, not necessarily." Ezra whispered as he started slowly moving toward the h/c haired. Y/n let his arms drop to his sides.

Ezra was so close that Y/n could feel the ash blond's breath against his face. Ezra stepped to the side, preparing himself to walk back into the living space. Not before he brushed his arm against Y/n's, his fingers moved toward the h/c haired's hand and began softly massaging his fingers in circles around Y/n's palm in an odd comforting attempt. Y/n widened his eyes slightly and glanced down at the gentle, endearing touch.

"I just want what's best for you." Ezra's breath fanned at Y/n's ear, causing the male to lightly lean away, but Ezra gripped his hand in a secure hold, softly digging his black polished nails into the boy's skin, preventing him from leaning away further "And I don't think being friends with those two is good for you. None of us do." Y/n frowned at the comment, "Well, I don't think it's up to you guys to decide what's good for me, is it?" Y/n retaliated.