Chapter 19. - The journey back to Camelot.

The journey back to Camelot seemed to take longer than it normally would have. They rode in complete silence, Guinevere sat behind Arthur on his horse and Merlin on his, riding beside them. Neither wanted to speak so they sat there in complete silence. Arthur and Guinevere were silent because they knew that Merlin would have heard everything that had gone on in the forest, including Arthur crying. And also because they were both anticipating what was going to happen when they got back to Camelot.

Merlin was silent because he felt really awkward not only because he had heard everything that had went on between Arthur and Gwen in the forest, but he had heard and seen Arthur cry twice!! He couldn't believe it, all those times when he had been faced with great sadness or loss, Merlin had never seen him cry. But just a few minutes ago he had stood there awkwardly patting Arthur on the back in what he hoped was a consoling motion, as Arthur knelt on the floor in tears.

"Erm..... Merlin?" Arthur said awkwardly, breaking the silence that was so thick it could have been cut with a sword. Merlin turned his head towards Arthur. "Breathe a word of what you saw, and heard to anyone and I promise that I will make your life a living hell!"

"You mean more than you already do?" Merlin asked casually, trying to hide the grin as Guinevere was.

"Yes!" Arthur said, grinning. Merlin smirked.

"We could talk about it while we ride."

"Shut up Merlin!!!" Arthur retorted. Merlin grinned.