Chapter 6. - Walls, Spells and Armour.

The feast ended in the early hours of the morning, Arthur had returned to his chambers with Merlin behind him. "You looked scared. Are you telling me that you wasn't even the slightest bit scared?" Merlin judged.

"Of course I wasn't. I'm a warrior. Nerves of steel." Arthur said, "Ow." he had just walked into the wall. Merlin smirked. "At least we have another friend who we aren't fighting against any more. Anyway I think I'm going to go to bed. It's been a long day and King Golau wants to see if my fighting skills match up to the talents of some of his men and I may even get to face him."

"Yeah. I'm feeling pretty tired too." Merlin said.

"Merlin. No one said anything about you getting an early night. You can make up for the time you wasted being as you said busy by polishing my armour. As there is no doubt that when you were busy, you were obviously in the tavern. So off you go." Arthur said, getting into his bed. Merlin sighed, he blew out the last candle by the door and left the room to head down to the armoury.

As he walked along the corridor he heard voices coming from the guest’s quarters. He knew it was wrong to eavesdrop on people's conversations but it was something about the King of Solas an Iae's tone that made him curious. "It's not your job to do!!! The Princess must do it otherwise it won't work." King Golau said.

"But believe me Arthur loves Guinevere. He won't change his mind about that!!" another voice said. It sounded like Morgana but he couldn't be sure. The King's tone went quieter. Merlin had to press his ear against the door to even hear what he was saying. "My daughter actually loves the Prince though, she doesn't want him to be hurt." So Princess Tylluan actually did love Arthur but Arthur wouldn't love her back unless he was enchanted.

"Did you tell her about Guinevere?" Morgana's voice said.

"No. She won't do it if she knew he loved another." King Golau said. "Tylluan is only casting the spell as she doesn't know that the Prince loves another." So Princess Tylluan was using magic to make Arthur fall in love with her. That's why when Arthur heard her singing he forgot what he was supposed to be doing and forgot about Gwen. Merlin moved closer to the door. But it creaked open slightly.

"We're being spied on!! We'll continue this some other time." Morgana said, Merlin could hear her footsteps coming nearer. He leapt up and ran. Just as he turned a corner, Morgana came out of the room. Merlin watched as she looked around and then headed off in the direction of her chambers. Merlin continued on his way to the armoury, his head buzzing with all that he had seen and heard. But he knew that the only person he could ever tell about any of this was Gaius.