"Eret..." She groaned, getting up from her seat and stretching her arms as she yawned, trying to get off the final embers of sleepiness.

"You were sleeping." Eret said, bringing forward one of the cups for her,"So, I thought I'd bring you some coffee. Was expecting that you would be up before I got back here. Though, gotta say, it's a bit too early to feel sleepy, doncha think?"

Astrid glanced at her wall clock and was surprised as she noticed the time, 7:48 AM.

"Damn..." She muttered, leaning against her desk as she rubbed her eyes to put off her sleepiness.

Eret noticed the piles of paper on her desk and then the whole office, which has become a mess with crumpled papers, folders and papers with notes scribbled on the laying everywhere. And just then it clicked in his mind.

"You didn't leave the office, did you?" Eret asked.

"Nope." Astrid replied, raising the cup Eret gave her close to her mouth,"I was up late trying to make heads and tails of this case."

She then took a sip of the warm drink and the next moment spat it out, her mouth contorting with how horrible it tasted. "What the hell is this?!" Astrid couldn't help but exclaim.

"Black coffee. Extra strong." Eret replied, sipping his own coffee with no problem whatsoever,"Didn't know what you like, so brought you what I usually get."

"Even if you didn't know what I like, at least you could have put some sugar in it." Astrid snarled, placing the cup back on her desk as she stood back up.

"Well, in that case, I'd really like to know what you like and more." Eret replied with a smirk.

Astrid just rolled her eyes at his attempt at flirting. She then went forward and picked up her coat, which was hanging on the back rest of her chair. "I need to go out. And probably get some actual coffee." She announced as she went forward, sidestepping Eret as she exited the office while slipping on her coat. Despite it being 4 days into April, the mornings in Berk are still quite cold.

"Mind if I accompany you, Miss Hofferson?" Eret asked with a cheeky grin as he followed after her, throwing his coffee in a nearby dustbin in the process.

Astrid gave him an annoyed look and was about to reply, when suddenly someone called out,"Astrid! Eret!"

They both looked towards the source of the voice and saw Stoick coming towards them.

"Sir!" Astrid stood straight as he approached them, but Eret on the other hand was more casual.

"How's it going, chief?" The older agent asked with a smile.

"I've been fine, Eret." Stoick replied to him. He then turned towards Astrid,"Astrid, how have you been progressing?" he asked.

"I'll be honest, sir. I haven't made much progress, but I'm trying my best sir." Astrid admitted.

Stoick hummed in response,"I have faith in you, Astrid. Keep going."

He then glanced between them,"Hmm, Am I interrupting something?"

"Me and agent Hofferson were heading out for some coffee, sir." Eret replied with a cheeky smile.

Astrid wanted to retort, but before she could, Stoick chuckled and said,"Alright then. Off you two." and with that he left, muttering something about young love.

"Man, he sure is stoic. Despite all that man has gone through." Eret commented.

That was one thing Astrid can agree on. Despite having lost his wife over 2 decades ago, and his son, who had also passed away in an accident a few years back, Chief Stoick held strong. It was honestly surprising how he still held such strong will and was managing an organization such as B.S.D.I after everything he has been through.