The big drop.

Avni rubbed her sweaty hands with her Kurti as Keerti took a long pause before telling why she had called me her,she stared in Neil's direction as I turned to him and he motioned for Keerti to speak.

"Avni I have called you here because of this"She slid a stack of photos from the other end of the table.

She picked it up and went through each of the photos,a few pics were of Sam and her from the garden,some from the match day,why did she call her  here for the photos and how did she get the photos of Sam and her from the garden.

She looked up at her with  brows furrowed.

"Neil would you like to explain the whole story to her I can wait outside"It was more of a rhetorical question as she got up and went outside closing the door behind her.

"Avni look I know you have a lots of question going on in your mind about why did we called you here and what about the photos,who is Keerti and everything"Neil started knowing she would be hell confused with all of this. 

Avni nodded at him,this were the exact questions whose answer she wants.

"First of all Keerti is a lawyer and she is my sister's sister-in-law"He answered one of the question from above.

But it did nothing than creating more confusion in Avni's mind,why is it that a lawyer wants to meet her.

"And she is here because my ex-wife Juhi Sharma and also mother of Sam has filed a case in court for the custody of Sam"Neil started further not getting any reaction from Avni.

"I get all that but how am I involved in all this,why did she want to meet me and how the hell did she got the pics of Sam and I from the garden and why does she have them"She blabbered all of it out it one gone,rubbing her forehead with her hand with each revelation the matter was getting more confusing.

"Keerti didn't clicked them or she wasn't the one who clicked it was Juhi who did this stalking so that she can prove it in the court that I am a careless parent who leave his child with the person I don't have any relation with"He explained with a shaking his head still not able to believe how can a person stoop so low.

"And Avni whatever Keerti is going to tell you,it would completely your decision"He completed it off and squeezed her hand which was on her lap giving her an assuring nod.

Avni could see how all this was taking a toll on him,his hairs were all messy,he has bags under this eyes and as much as she knows Neil she can trust him that he won't force her with anything.

She nodded at him giving him a small smile implying she trusts him. 

"Keerti I have explained her everything you can come in now"Neil said a little higher than his normal voice as the door opened and Keerti made her way inside taking a seat in front of them.

"So Avni I assume Neil has told you everything and the only solution to this problem is that you and Neil get married as this just won't dismiss the point of Neil being a careless parent but also it would make our case stronger and Sam is genuinely close to you and she loves you and I see you genuinely care for her and love her too"She explained as Neil squeezed shut his eyes expecting the worse reaction from Avni.

Avni stood up and stared at Keerti with her mouth wide open getting married to Neil whom she doesn't even know properly.

"You can take as much time as you want and the decision is completely yours,you can say no too"Keerti squeezed her shoulders and smiled at her standing up too.

Avni couldn't comprehend what was happening but one thing was sure she needs time to process it all in before she comes to a descision.

"I need time"She stated and left the room as the close room was suffocating her.

As she reached downstairs she saw Abir sitting with Neil's parents and Sam,all of them were sitting at the dinning table having snacks.

"Avu come here"Sam was the first one to notice her as she nodded at Sam making her way to the dinning table.

"Avni Beta come sit we were having noodles"Neil's mom gave her a warm smile and gestured for her to sit.

She nodded reflecting back the smile and sat beside Abir and Sam who was sitting beside her grandfather came and sat beside Avni.

"Can you feed me like you did back at your house"She asked giving her best puppy face to Avni.

Avni nodded chuckling at her and pour some noodles in the bowl.

She took it in the fork blowing air on it as it was little hot and then forwarded it to Sam.

"Be careful Sam you can get hurt with the fork"Avni chided at Sam who was trying to eat it too fast and Sam nodded.

Prakash and Swetha looked at each other with a knowing look and a fond smile on thier face and Avni for a moment forgot whatever happened upstairs.

"I see you were right about Avni"Keerti said turning towards Neil.

Neil nodded at her as they saw them from upstairs.

*****
Here is the update,I know it's quite late but I am busy with my exams.