16

In the midst of the chaos, Taehyung struggled to breathe as Jimin's grip tightened around his neck. He coughed and choked, desperately trying to catch his breath. Teacher Choi, perplexed by the situation, looked at Taehyung's face, which displayed a mix of emotions.

"Jimin, are you saying that he is your Dad?" Teacher Choi asked, seeking clarification.

Terrified, Jimin was too afraid to speak. He simply nodded, fearing the scolding he anticipated from everyone around him.

Observing Jimin's reaction, Jungkook couldn't help but lower his head trying to control his laugh.

Jimin, with tears in his wide eyes and a dusty face, appeared miserable and pitiful. His disheveled appearance left Teacher Choi momentarily speechless.

Unable to comprehend the situation fully, Teacher Choi absentmindedly stroked his bald head and instructed them to tend to Jimin's wound first.

There were two medical tents set up for the injured students during the sports event. Taehyung, now composed, agreed without any emotion and carried Jimin on his back towards the tent.

Meanwhile, Teacher Choi stayed behind and took the opportunity to have a brief conversation with Jungkook. With Jimin having his relatives present, Teacher Choi felt a sense of relief and could focus on observing the other students.

The atmosphere among the brothers remained silent as they made their way towards the medical tent. Jungkook, after a few seconds, decides to follow Taehyung and Jimin. As Jimin lays on Taehyung's back, he looks at Jungkook like he's his savior.

But then, Taehyung's tone turns cold as he asks Jimin, "What were you calling me before?"

Jimin stays quiet, too scared to say anything.

"Am I your Dad?" Taehyung presses.

Jimin's whole body is in pain from the fall, and he doesn't feel like talking much. He just got relieved that Teacher Choi let them go. But now Taehyung is also asking him, and Jimin feels so anxious.

"Why do you keep scolding me? You've been troubling me all day," Jimin finally speaks up, his voice choked with emotion. At this moment, he feels like the most miserable person in the world. He bites his lip, trying to hold back his sobs. "Let me down. I don't want you to carry me."

Taehyung falls silent, realizing the impact of his words. After a couple of seconds, he speaks again, "You've sprained your legs. If I don't carry you, how will you walk?"

"I can walk by myself," Jimin argues, kicking his uninjured leg. "I don't need you." He adds more details to emphasize his independence.

Taehyung turns his head impatiently and says, "Couldn't you just listen to me? Be obedient for once!"

Jimin's tears stream down his face as he looks at Taehyung, his voice filled with defiance. "I don't want to! Why should I be obedient when you keep teasing me all day?"

Taehyung's anger subsides as he realizes the impact of his words. He softens his tone, "I am sorry, I was joking with you."

As they approach the medical tent, Jungkook overhears their conversation and rubs his eyes, unable to stay silent.

"Hey, Taehyung," he calls out.

Taehyung turns to him, asking, "What?"

Jungkook steps forward and glances at Jimin, offering, "Let me carry him up."

Jimin's cries begin to quiet down as he looks at Jungkook, uncertain of how to respond. Taehyung looks at Jimin and asks respectfully, "Do you want him to carry you?" Jimin's silence speaks volumes, revealing his hesitation to be carried by Jungkook.