𝟒𝟓- 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

The monsters are near me.

Very near.

My death is near me.

Finally, I will be free.

Free from this pain, agony, tranquillity, grief.

The world slowly began to darken and a faint smile appeared on my lips. I will be out of this trap in no time. I will be relieved from this misery. I will finally leave this world and this body for good.

Rian's face came in front of me. He was smiling at me and my smile grew wider. He was coming my way to rescue me. I could see him nearing me. He reached out for my hand and held it. With that, everything went blank.

:・゚:.˚。・゚:.:

Author's POV

The family members were sitting in the living room, discussing Aadya's mental health and ways to convince her for therapy. They were all heartbroken and sad, seeing their daughter shattered is not something a parent ever even thinks of in their worst nightmares. Suddenly, the sound of a splash of water reached their ears and they all became alert instantly. Their eyes moved towards the glass window and they saw the swimming pool filled with water. They noticed the movement in the pool and stood straight the next moment.

Mrs Sharma and Ariv also reached downstairs and all of them ran outside. Their eyes fell on the figure drowning inside and their senses seemed to stop. Ekaksh instantly ran towards the pool and dived in. He wasn't thinking straight. Who would? After all, it was his beloved sister who was drowning. His beloved sister who had aquaphobia, who would never go anywhere near a pool, ever.

He swam towards her and reached out for her hand. Holding it firmly, he pulled her closer to himself and helped her out of the pool. The entire family was shaken by this. They knew Aadya wasn't mentally well, but they never expected she would commit or even try something like this. She was stronger than this. Wasn't she?

Ariv helped both Ekaksh and Aadya out of the pool and that's when their eyes fell on her wrist. Tears rained down everyone's eyes and their hearts shattered to pieces. No family would want to see a sight like this. No one can even imagine something like this. And yet, it happened.

They immediately got to their cars and made their way towards the hospital. Manisha and Ariv tried to console the elders while Ekaksh drove Aadya to the hospital. The others soon followed behind them. It took them about half an hour to reach the hospital.

Their heartbeats are getting faster with each passing second now because the longer it will take, the lesser will be the chances of their beloved's survival. The hospital was owned by Ika's family, so the need for any sort of paperwork at that moment was not a necessity for them. They were also given their privacy which no one dared to invade. Ika and her family reached the hospital soon after Ariv informed them about the incident. Everyone was scared, broken, and ached. Never in their wildest dreams they imagined this day would come.

"Save her, doctor. And I am not requesting you." These were the last words Ekaksh said to the doctor before letting his sister in the ICU.

He wouldn't tolerate anything bad happening to his sister. He will kill everyone. Burn everything. Destroy the entire world, if his sister does not heal back or recover. He tried more than enough to help her through these past three months. And if it wasn't for him, this day would have come earlier.