CHAPTER 42

CHAPTER 42 - AM I REALLY THE BEST?

We made love again and it was amazing as always!

We would have done it all night if it weren't for the Don's departure. Theo had to drop off the Don at the airport so we had to stop.

Then, he'd return to the Casa and take me back to our home.

Back to The Villa.

While he was away, I started packing my things. My smile was wide as I gathered my belongings. I was so excited to head back to The Villa with him and start the next chapter of our lives.

Yes, I felt like this would be a fresh start to our marriage, a chance to create new memories and start a new life together.

Finally, my ultimate dream is within reach.

I touched my stomach in wonder--my ultimate dream of having a complete family was about to come true. Having done so many acts today, I bet we have already started to build our own little family.

I giggled as I imagined our future together and the possibility of having a mini him growing inside me. I felt excited, happy, and thankful. After a year of wondering where this marriage would take us, and if Theo would ever see me as more than just his arranged wife, I could finally see the future I had dreamed of.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. When I opened it, I was expecting to see Theo, but to my surprise it was one of the guards.

He told me that my friend was still in the backyard, drunk, wanting to see me.

Selena.

I felt so horrible when I heard this. I thought Selena had left together with the other guests when the party ended. I had no idea she was still there and in such a state!

I felt guilty for leaving her alone and not looking out for her. I should have taken care of her, but I was busy doing stuff with my husband instead.

I rushed out and followed the guard, eager to see if she was okay.

When we reached the backyard, Selena was sitting on a bench, alone, with a bottle of wine in her hand. She seemed to be in a daze, lost in thought, and didn't seem to notice us.

"Please arrange for a car to take her home. Thank you." I told the guard before running to Selena's side. "S. Are you okay?"

When she looked up, her drunken eyes were glazed and swollen. I got worried, she appeared like she had been crying. I was about to ask her what had happened, but a smile spread across her face and she said, "Hello, luckiest girl in the world," her voice slurring slightly. She tried to stand up, but instead stumbled and fell back onto the bench.

"Careful, S. You don't want to hurt yourself." I said, helping her sit back up. "I have arranged a car for you to--"

"Why do you have to be so lucky?" She interrupted my sentence, her eyes filled with something I hadn't seen before. "Why can't I ever be the one to get the good luck?"

"S, what are you talking about? Of course--"

"I saw him first." She turned to me, her eyes wide and determined. "I saw him first at school. He was there watching our practices. I thought he was there for me. I even saw him at the recital!"

"What? Who?" I asked, confused. She was talking about someone and some things I had never heard of before.

"His aura and presence really captivated me. After our recital, I already decided to come to him and finally ask him out. I was so nervous, but I knew I had to take a chance. But before I even." Selena stopped mid-sentence. She drank more from her wine bottle before continuing, "But before I even had the chance to do it, I heard him looking for you, not me, but you. He was asking for you--Amelia Astoria, the best granddaughter, the best pianist our school has ever seen, and probably the best at everything!"