CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9 - I'M THE LADY OF THIS HOUSE

Just when I thought I had the final say, Theo grabbed my wrist before I could even had the chance to walk three steps away from him. I could feel his strong grip on my wrist, and I knew I wasn't going to get away anytime soon.

"Where are you going?" His voice was demanding. I could tell he wasn't planning to let me go until he got an answer.

Anywhere as long as I'm away from you.

Was the response I was thinking of, but before I could even open my mouth, he already cut me off and said, "You need to eat."

"No thanks. I've lost my appetite already." I answered back. I tried to pull my wrist from his grip to walk away, but he was too strong. I didn't even move an inch!

I felt him pull my wrist, drawing me closer to him. Before I knew it, I was already tangled up in his strong arms.

His body was warm, probably from the workout he just did. His scent was damn intoxicating. And even after all that vigorous activity, he still managed to smell so good which is unfair. He was topless, and even with my night dress and robe on, I could still feel his skin against mine—setting my body into turmoil again!

His close proximity made me feel a sudden rush of desire, and I could feel my heart pounding with anticipation. Memories of last night replayed in my mind over and over, his hands, his lips, his tongue, his naked chest on top of me...

Then I remembered the marks he left on my neck, marks that I still don't understand why he need to do so! As a result of this, all those thoughts and desires were replaced by a feeling of anger. I tried to escape from him, but again, he was too strong for me, and towering over me too!

He wrapped his arm around my body so tightly I couldn't breathe--yes, I would like to think of it that way, but not because he was making me breathless.

He put his hand on my chin and lifted it up, making me stare at his piercing emerald green eyes.

"You must have heard me wrong. I didn't ask if you wanted to eat. I told you to." His tone was hard and unyielding, leaving no room for argument or discussion.

"More like commanded." I said, my voice laced with defiance.

"If you want to think of it that way, fine. Commanded, ordered, demanded, instructed. Whatever. Just eat." There was a certain authority in his voice. And I could tell from his tone that there was no point in trying to argue; it was clear he wanted me to comply with him.

I know he mentioned last night that I was too thin. I saw my reflection and he wasn't wrong. I even reminded myself that I should eat more. But who would want to do that when the sight of that fighting was the first thing you saw in the morning?

It was too violent that I felt sick!

But there's no use arguing with a mafia, especially with the boss. Despite my stubbornness, he was way worse.

So I just glared at him and said, "Well I guess it's your way or the highway to the hospital. So, fine!" I resigned and pushed him away.

I knew he meant well, and I had to eat, but I hated being told what to do.

I went to the dining table and sat down.

"Marko!" He shouted a name I hadn't heard before. In an instant, an Italian-looking guy came out. "This is the lady of the house, Amelia." Theo introduced me with a certain level of respect, indicating that I was an important person in this villa.