Prelude

Each time Midoriya called him by his first name, Shouto felt butterflies on his stomach for some reason he decided not to dwell on.

He had told him that Aizawa thought it was somehow a good idea to make him and Bakugo go to counseling together, and had waved off Midoriya's apologies with a simple:

"If I had the option to go back in time to the moment where I was about to punch Bakugo... I simply would have done it again."

Midoriya, no, Izuku, (Todoroki couldn't help but smile at the air, remembering how a flustered Izuku had told him that yes, he could call him by his first name too), had gasped with surprise at that, and then had proceeded to scold him for "saying such things with no regret".

Todoroki sat on his bed. It was a Saturday morning, and his father had already left for work. Shouto had already trained for two hours in the Dojo, and he had nothing else to do for the day. The festival was coming up in two weeks, and he had decided that he wouldn't use his fire at all.

The old man would be watching him, and he had no plans to make him proud at all.

He wondered what Izuku would be doing. He hoped Izuku's dad would be busy for the day. It seemed like Izuku never knew he had called the cops on his dad. Maybe he was too embarrassed to tell his son. Todoroki smiled, and decided to text Izuku just for the sake of knowing what he was up to.

He quickly received an answer:

"Hi Shouto-kun! I am volonteering at the animal shelter, they have so many cute cats here :D I would adopt Cucumber if I could... what ab u? :)"

Todoroki typed fast:

"Nothing. Just finished training. The old man isn't home, so I am free to do whatever I please."

"That's so good to hear! I am avoiding my own father, kinda. Did you know he actually thinks he can train me better than Endeavor? XD"

So Izuku also made fun of his own old man. Shouto smiled at the screen.

"Well, isn't that ironic. Did he ever work as a hero?" Shouto asked, knowing that the answer would be negative.

"No, he is actually a firefighter lmao." Was the funny answer he got.

"I see. Well, him and Endeavor would make the perfect pair. Your father could put off his flames everytime he does collateral damage to the city... which happens a lot."

"They were made for each other." Izuku agreed with him.

*

Monday soon arrived, and strangely, Dabi hadn't bothered to contact him for the whole weekend. Maybe the league just didn't have any plans for Shouto. He had a lot on his plate anyways: he would have to go to counseling with Bakugo. Izuku was worried for him.

"I was thinking... Kacchan is hot-headed, but he is also... smart. If I talked to him maybe I could convince him the best thing for both of you is to play along with Aizawa sensei's idea, you could get free from counseling."

"Izuku, I just don't think Bakugo would be open to... any kind of intervention by any of us, and well, especially coming from you. He clearly, from whatever reason, has some old grudge against you. Plus, he is quite unstable." Shouto spoke, his voice calm and collected, his gaze focused on the floor as he processed the situation.

Shouto sighed, feeling the weight of the situation pressing down on him. He appreciated Izuku's concern and support, but dealing with Bakugo's volatile nature was another challenge altogether. He lifted his gaze from the floor as he saw Uraraka approach, skipping with a light and playful movement until she reached them. It was strange to see her so early. Normally, it would only be Izuku, Shouto and Iida waiting in the open classroom for it to fill.