Whispers in the abyss

Todoroki grabbed Nomu's paw and froze it, but it was too late. Todoroki and Uraraka fell slowly due to their lack of gravity.

Midoriya hadn't come in contact with Uraraka's power, so he fell to the ground with a thud.

Uraraka released them when they were close to the ground, and they fell.

But then, Todoroki saw how a masked villain was about to throw something at Midoriya, who was still on the ground, and he quickly pushed him out of the way, receiving the impact.

Midoriya and Uraraka watched in horror how Todoroki suddenly disappeared.

As quickly as he could, Midoriya got up from the ground and aimed his fire at the villain, but he was met with smoke. Running, he went to the place the villain was before, only to discover he had disappeared as well.

Realizing his newly made friend had been kidnapped, Midoriya fell to his knees in shock. Uraraka had ran there, and at that moment she was kneeling in front of him, however, Midoriya was unable to hear her words, too shocked to answer as he felt tears build on his eyes.

"Midoriya! Don't lose hope. Todoroki is one of our strongest classmates, he should be fine on his own! I'm sure the pros will find him and he will have kicked their asses!" She smiled, but Midoriya saw the tremble in her smile. She seemed to believe in her own words, but she was clearly as scared as he was for their friend's whereabouts.

"You're right... Todoroki is very strong. He will be fine, he has been training since he was five!" He said. He found the strength to ignore his own tears and share his friend's hope. He had to. He couldn't fall into pessimism.