Chapter XII

{1000 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛}

The air was cold, and the whiplash of the wind against your skin was as painful as needles. Branches with thorns scratched against your face as you ran through the dark forest. Each cut furiously bleeding into your torn, tattered kimono, falling off of your shoulders and body from the speed you ran with. The only way it held up and covered you was your strong grip on the fabric, holding it close to your prowling heart, about to jump out of your chest from the thumping fear that ran its course through all of your veins. Body bruised and beat, frostbit and covered in colorful bruises in all sizes. A thousand miles per hour, beating faster than the blood can keep up, your heart raged fire. Each breath intake was like your last, painful and deadly. A hole the diameter of a boulder impaled your stomach, organs nearly spilling out through your clothes and side. One of your hands tightened its fingers on the kimono, as the other pushed against trees for support.

Your feet left bloody footprints behind with each step. Rocks and pebbles dug themselves into the soft flesh of your soles. Each leap was hell on earth. Running through the forest, darkness surrounded you from each angle and crevice. Every step forward met you with surprise. Oh, the searing pain that settled itself into your flesh and bone, tearing apart your sanity into millions of scattered pieces till there was none of it left. It ripped your mind until you could no longer think but only do.

Cutting through the sounds of your loud breaths, a crunch of leaves echoed from behind, afar near the edge of the forest you escaped to.

"There, through the forest! That accursed spirit left its blood!"

It was the Zenin, curse them. How ironic it was. The last thought to be ever had in your mind was that of accursement. The identical crime you were judged with.

What woman born without cursed energy would be able to kill curses? The entirety of your existence was a supposed warp in the matrix. The heavenly principles had no control over your life, a chainless mortal running amok the earth. Born to cursed energy users, and about to be killed by their likes.

𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 ˡⁱᵉˢ 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 ˡⁱᵉˢ 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒  𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 ˡⁱᵉˢ 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 ˡⁱᵉˢ 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 ˡⁱᵉˢ 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒- 𝐈'𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 ᶜᵘʳˢᵉ. 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 ᶜᵘʳˢᵉᵈ 𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐆𝐘, I 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐎! ᶠᵘᶜᵏⁱⁿᵍ ˡⁱᵉʳˢ ⁱ ʰᵃᵗᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵃˡˡ!