Chapter VIII

"Look after them, Ayako

"Look after them, Ayako."

"My lady, there's no need to worry. Sebastian and Amé will not leave my sight. The coordinates we were able to get out of Uraume, as you call them, are written down in a paper I've handed to Toji."

Ayako helped you dress in your coat at the warehouse's doorstep. Long gone was the bloody mess of dawn, replaced by pristine floors and clean footholds. All of the garments that had been worn and had either gotten torn or stained were thrown away. Ayako sewed new sets for both of you and Toji for the special outing of today.

You were going to find Sukuna at last.

Toji, dressed in an all-black vest suit with a harness beneath his chest and another around his biceps, walked out of the bathroom. There was a black leather belt on his waist, equipped with a gun holster (Gun included) and a few other little tabs with nicknacks. (Nicknacks: bullets, grenades, pepper spray)

For change, he wore a new set of shiny black boots, matched with golden shoe collars as a fashion statement. Toji, of course, didn't choose the fit himself. Ayako made him wear the outfit by force, stating his previous wear, "Unsightly and completely out of style!" Earlier on, as they tortured Uraume and dumped their head into the burning water a few times, his arm was caught in between. Though the hot water didn't affect him then, now his entire fist felt as if it was on fire. Ayako had bandaged his hand, and he was going to use some part of his seal to fix it. This, however, was stopped by Toji when the man stated that you were more in need of every ounce of the cursed energy you had. Saving Amé and Sebastian should be still held as a priority.

Currently, he is ready to get rolling with you. Toji would accompany you to the apartment complex and stay on guard if anything were to go wrong. Whether this address was a trap or not, he knew how important this was to you. He heard, from the moment he started working for you, that you've been after the curse for centuries now. Toji owed you more than his life, after all. Therefore, he'd have to back you up along the way, the entire way.

"We ready, Big lady?"

"Yeah..."

Your voice came out as a bare whisper. Though you might've seemed weak at that moment, your resolve was stronger than ever. You had a strong lead as to where Sukuna was. Long gone were the obstacles stopping you from reaching him.

"After you."

Ayako backed away from the doorway as Toji held the metal slab open for you to go through. The hit of your heel clanked against the floor. It wasn't the same, beautiful heel you wore. It was a new basic, black one. Paired with black jeans and a white blouse top, covered by a thin, long coat, your clothes were adjusted to your liking. No matter the situation, Ayako's natural talent pulled through.

"Is the car running?"

"Got it ready while you rested, Big lady."

"Good. And the situation?"