Chapter IX

Sukuna exhaled the breath that got caught in his chest

Sukuna exhaled the breath that got caught in his chest. His eyes never once left your wide ones. Sukuna's deep, red pupils suddenly sharpened, a scowl taking over his features. The strong hand that held the door's handle suddenly slammed the white composite door open, emitting a high slamming noise that made you jump out of your skin. Your entire figure flinched at his sudden outburst, taking a shaky step backward, your back meeting with Toji's chest.

"You. Bitch."

𝐖𝐡𝐚- 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡?!

Toji scoffed at Sukuna's blatant disrespect. Uraume had a small, smug smirk slowly flowering on their features. Before the fire and the tension lit amid the meeting could spread, Sukuna grabbed your right arm that was held close to your body using his strong hand, pulling you towards the apartment with him as you yelped in stricken panic. Your feet were shifted unwillingly against the rugged carpet of the hall before you were forcibly thrown into the house. Toji didn't get the chance to react, his mouth hinged open in shock, as Sukuna slammed the door after him, blocking the only entryway and the only exit to the place.

After the throw, you did your best to regain your balance. You took a few quick breaths as you eyed your surroundings. The fallen strands of your hair covered parts of your clear eyesight. Your mind was running a million miles per second, and you didn't know what to focus on: the man you love walking towards you with anger written all over his features, or the sure bruise that was forming on your right forearm.

Your eyes took a quick scan of everything around you, trying to find a way to deflect his sudden burst.

𝐁𝐞𝐝. 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐤. 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. 𝐍𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐭-

Sukuna's footsteps quickened. Due to the outstretched hand that reached for your face, your eyes briefly met his red pupils before they were closed shut. Sukuna, currently fuming, wrapped his hand around your neck, squeezing your windpipe and digging his nails into your skin. You let out a gasp of surprise, and your arms flung to hold onto his wrist, trying to pry his hand away. The struggle you were in was clear as you thrashed and kicked beneath his hold. Sukuna's grasp never eased, no. It only got tighter. With another force, he slammed the back of your body to the wall, your head banging against the wallpaper in the process. You released a yelp of pain, coming out choked and muffled as your saliva gathered in the back of your throat. Your head was aching; your entire body was about to go numb from the scarcity of air. Your face had turned pale at the loss of blood, your nails grasping at his hand, leaving scratch marks and open wounds in their wake. Your gasps got fainter, more desperate, your lungs begging for a way to oxygen. The clear vision you once had was now blurry, unclear, even hazy. Black dots appeared to block your sight slowly.