Chapter III

Akira stood at the inner doorstep

Akira stood at the inner doorstep. His arms folded across his chest as a worry etched on his face. It was four in the morning. The man had stood his place for over four hours, waiting for someone's return. A sudden wood creak pulled him out of his thoughts. His head snapped around to face the source, only to find your figure walking down the stairs groggily. Your hands tried to rub the tiredness out of your eyes whilst you yawned. The baby hairs stuck to your forehead from the earlier sweat.

When you'd reached the final step, you finally took notice of the male standing near the door's side windows like a hawk.

"He's not home yet?"

"No, my Lord. Kenji has gone with no return since last morning."

"It was in code that he'll stay with relatives for the duration of it. I didn't think he'd seriously be gone all night."

You'd changed your wool pajamas to silk, dark red robes. You hugged the maroon jacket worn on top tighter when a cold breeze of winter morning air passed through the house. Your light flip flops barely stopped your legs from getting a freeze.

"How long have you been standing here?"

"For about four hours and a little more, my Lord."

"Four hours!? Even I know that's harmful for your health!"

Your feet hastily shuffled towards him. Standing by his side, you raised your arm and placed the back of your hand on his forehead.

"Sebastian, you're as cold as ice! I forbid you to stand here any longer."

You grabbed the wrist of his jacket with your fist as you pulled him with you towards the kitchen. He struggled behind you, trying to stop you from moving him too far. Your grip was that of iron, unmoved. Akira let out a defeated sigh. Your brows furrowed in worry for your butler. He was very careless with his own health when it came to ensuring that everything was perfect.

"Kenji can handle himself. I will be on his case in the morning, my Lord. You must rest. The event will start in some hours."

"Well, I've woken up now. I don't plan on sleeping until I make sure you've rested. Learn a little something from Amé. See how carefree she is. You must unwind every now and then, Seb."

Akira sighed defeatedly.

"As you wish, my Lord."

When you'd entered the kitchen, you motioned for him to stand still by the counter as you heated up some warm water. You brought out a kettle from the cupboards below the opposite side of the counter, and you placed it on the marble. You plugged in the wire to the socket and emptied a bottle of water into the kettle.

"Bottle of water for someone's sensitivity."

"Hah, my Lord. It was a long time ago, and it was a joke."