Chapter II

"Madam (L/N), over here please!"

"Miss (Y/N)! What are your thoughts about the Royal Family conflicts? Are the rumors about the scandals real?!"

Reporters surrounded you from every direction the moment you stepped foot out of the car. Paparazzi, camera flashes, and loud noises made you stumble and annoyed.

And just then, a black Mercedes rolled behind your own ride, and Akira urgently stepped out of it. Three bodyguards surrounded the two of you to pull back the crowd and for Akira to help Ameerah out of the car.

There was pushing, shouting, and no rest for you as you tried to walk through the Airport halls properly.

In anger, you made a sudden stop in your steps, and you turned around to face the cameras.

"My lady, I don't think-"

"You want my statement? Well, here's my statement. The Royal Family has wronged me long enough with their rumors, and I only owe the prince for dragging him along. And officially, by the first day of the next month, I have cut my funds with all Royal associations. They have brought me more loss than gain."

Shouts erupted in questioning and you turned your back to all the mics. The bodyguards and Airport security got even more violent with the crowd.

As you and Ameerah and Akira were out of camera sight, the man turned to you in questioning and disdain.

"My lady, won't that cause disruptions to the Japanese campaign?"

"Not to worry. I made sure that I told the sponsors beforehand. And surprisingly, they agreed to my reasons. I've got it under control, Akira. Don't worry."

"As you say, my lady..."

The conversation cut short, so you and both of Ameerah and Akira went ahead to check in.

You and Ameerah took your seats across the check in area as Akira was the one that submitted the bags and confirmed the credentials.

"My lady, may I ask you a question?"

The voice of Ameerah peeped out quietly.

"Go ahead, Ameerah."

"If... Master... was there, do you think he'd ever remember me? Remember us?"

She turned her head to face you directly, eyes full of hope. Doubt settled into your soul by her question.

𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞?

You stayed silent. In truth, you had no answer to her. Just a few days ago, she was reassuring you. Now, it was time for you to reassure her, but you wavered. Apparently, Ameerah noticed your hesitancy and slightly sulked with a sigh.

"It's alright then, my lady. I don't expect him to."

You felt ashamed that you were unable to give her the same reassurance. What pathetic master could you have been more if you were unable to at least comfort your head maid and your best friend. You fiddled with the hems of your black sleeves. Anxiety was eating you out as your brows creased in a frown.