Chapter VII

𝓔𝔁𝓽𝓻𝓪: 𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓸 {𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓭𝓮} 𝓫𝔂 [𝓭4𝓿𝓭] 𝓪𝓷𝓭 {𝓘𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓻𝓸𝓸𝓶} 𝓫𝔂 [ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓹𝓮ñ𝓪] 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻

𒁂𒁂

"Slowly, place the bandages in a criss-cross motion around the chest. Tighten them up. The stitches must not rip, Toji."

"Big lady,..."

"I know he's paler, but wipe away the nosebleed once you're done with the bandages-"

"My lady, snap out of it!"

Toji grabbed your wrist with his bloody fist. Your hand was kept still mid-air. Your head was frozen as you stared at Sebastian's body lying down on the second spare bed. His skin was pale, too pale. The stains of blood littered his torso. The bandages, no matter how many times you replaced them and stitched the wounds up, wouldn't stop getting bloody. The blood would easily seep through the layers. You wondered if there was any blood left for Sebastian to bleed. This was bad. No, this was horrible.

"He's basically dead. You don't have the energy to heal him. That's it."

"No, no no no no. No! He can't die, not again!"

Toji had to grab you forcefully and pull you away from the bed. The tears welled in your eyes, slowly rimming over your eyelids and falling down your cheeks rapidly. Your breath quickened, only to hitch up momentarily and continue in shaky intervals.

"I-"

"You did what you could, (Y/N)... All you can do now is rest up and hope your energy comes back soon enough before it's too late to get him back, alright?"

He hugged your back closer to his chest. His arm wrapped tighter around your waist, slowly pulling you back away with his movement. Both of your hands were immobilized as they were caught beneath his hold. When you two reached the room's doorway, you took a final glance at Sebastian's body, before Toji shut the door immediately.

He slowly released his arm's hold on you, turning your figure to face him. Toji placed both of his hands on your shoulders, trying to bring your attention to him. You couldn't even raise your head to meet the man eye to eye. Your hands lifted to cover your tear-filled irises. Both cheeks were red, your nose pink and twitchy as you sniffed.

"Big lady, you did all you could do. Remember the time I came back with a literal hole in my skull? You wasted a month of your saved energy to save me. Ayako was once in an accident. You nearly used up your entire lifeline to save him. This time, just hold on a little more, then we'll save him. I don't know what Ayako did with Amé, but I'm sure if he's not fussing, then at least she's alright. He'll keep an eye on both of them while you regenerate energy and finish what we have in hand."