Chapter X

The bed's soft mattress dipped beneath your weight; the black sheets creased

The bed's soft mattress dipped beneath your weight; the black sheets creased. A rough hand ran itself over your neck, examining each bruise and outline. Sukuna's nails traced your jaw, reaching and trailing themselves to the tip of your ears, where red blush flourished at his touch.

Sukuna himself was seated on a chair across from you. His legs encased yours between them, your thighs pressed against one another. His red eyes stared into your glossy irises, lost in the deep crimson. As well as his right hand that shifted to rest on your warm cheek, his left hand ran circles on the back of your palm, intertwining his fingers with yours in a hard-to-escape hold. The loving gesture now rested on your leg, feeling the weight and warmth of his hand through the fabric of your pants.

The two of you had been in this position for a while now, just after he'd dropped you to the ground, helped you up, and led you to the bed with a lighthearted chuckle. You had expressed a deep frown at his laughter, but you didn't expect his proceeding actions then.

Sukuna had grabbed a spare chair from the corner of the room, placing it right in front of the bed where you were seated. When he'd finally sat down, he did nothing but stare at you, admire you. The hand that currently held yours, was earlier in your hair, threading its fingers through your soft locks and lingering on the memories they held. Your frown had faltered immediately then, replaced by the softening expression you now held. A warm gaze is given to him, a longing smile blossoming on your face like a flower.

𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱.

𝐍𝐨, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬.

𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓻𝓮𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓭? 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷?

His thoughts in your head sounded confused, pained. His brows furrowed slightly, but not in anger, in sadness. The memory of your inability then, the reason you could not tell now, made you slightly look away from his eyes, directing your face to the side. His right hand moved once more to grab your chin between his fingers delicately. Sukuna adjusted your vision to meet his head-on.

"Don't look away from me. Not again, never again."

His lips were defined into a thin, fine line, clearly stating how desperate he was. A shaky breath left him, the emotions clear as day on his features.

"You don't know how worried I was for you. I was stuck in that insolent child's body. I didn't know if you were even alive. Only until I felt it, I felt you. I felt your cursed energy surge only once then, but never again after. Why? You roamed until this era, but you never showed up. You-"