06- FUCK, AGAIN?

Oh wow, I- ugh, I wouldn't say I like the smell of barbeque and Geryon was making the whole ranch reek of barbeque, ugh. Oh! Oh hey, there's that Percy dude Nico despises with his whole tiny body.

The deck was set up for a party. Streamers and balloons decorated the railing. Geryon was flipping burgers on a huge barbecue cooker made from an oil drum. Eurytion lounged at a picnic table, picking his fingernails with a knife. The two-headed dog sniffed the ribs and burgers that were frying on the grill. And then Percy seemed to see us: Tyson, Grover, Annabeth, Nico, and I, all tossed in a corner, tied up like rodeo animals, with our ankles and wrists roped together and mouths gagged. I was gnawing on my gag, I'm high-key hungry and I hadn't eaten since the McDonalds Nico and I had before we set off on this quest.

Percy looked furious, his sea-green eyes lingered on me for a few extra seconds, I don't know why, so like any normal person, I stared right into his eyes, definitely not creepy. "Let them go!" Percy yelled, he was still out of breath from running up the steps. "I cleaned the stables!"Geryon turned. He wore an apron on each chest, with one word on each, so together they spelled out: KISS—THE—CHEF. "Did you, now? How'd you manage it?" He looked amused and annoyed.

Percy seemed pretty impatient, but Percy told him, I didn't really understand what exactly was happening, but there was a lot of stuff about water. Geryon nodded appreciatively. "Very ingenious. It would've been better if you'd poisoned that pesky naiad, but no matter.""Let my friends go," Percy said, his hands balling into firsts. Awesome! I'm one of Percy's friends already! "We had a deal." Percy continued, glaring deeply at Geryon.

"Ah, I've been thinking about that. The problem is, if I let them go, Idon't get paid."

"You promised!"

Geryon made a tsk-tsk noise. "But did you make me swear on the RiverStyx? No, you didn't. So it's not binding. When you're conducting business, sonny, you should always get a binding oath." I continued gnawing on the gag, I wanted to get out of this gag and use my one strength, my mouth.. nope, that sounds weird, I want to talk my way out of this, even if I don't understand what was happening, I don't want Nico to be in this situation.

Percy drew his sword. Orthus growled. One head leaned down next to Grover's ear and bared its fangs. My body got chills, I could feel Grover shaking."Eurytion," Geryon said, "the boy is starting to annoy me. Kill him."Eurytion studied Percy. I didn't like Percy's odds against him and that huge club."Kill him yourself," Eurytion said. I choked on the gag as I started snickering, which caused Nico to elbow me and I got a glare from Geryon.

Geryon raised his eyebrows. "Excuse me?" "You heard me," Eurytion grumbled. "You keep sending me out to do your dirty work. You pick fights for no good reason, and I'm getting tired of dying for you. You want to fight the kid, do it yourself." Percy's face seemed to say something like 'That was the most un-Ares-like thing I'd ever heard a son of Ares say.' Well, I assume, because Geryon had said he was a son of Ares earlier, and Ares is the god of war if I remember correctly. Geryon threw down his spatula, interrupting my inner monologue. "You dare defy me? I should fire you right now!"

"And who'd take care of your cattle? Orthus, heel." The dog immediately stopped growling at Grover and went to sit by the cowherd's feet. "Fine!" Geryon snarled. "I'll deal with you later, after the boy is dead!" He picked up two carving knives and threw them at Percy. He deflected one with his cool-looking sword. The other impaled itself in the picnic table an inch fromEurytion's hand. I continued gnawing on the rope, I think I'm getting somewhere.