<Fat Nuggets>

One of the newly employed security guards comes by unlocking the door. I stir awake while he unties me.

"Shit what happened to you?" He asks when I try to stand up. To no avail as I expected. I try again this time a bit wobbly, but I can hold myself up enough.

"Doesn't matter." I grab the left over clothes trying to throw them on in some way that covers me up enough.

"You sure you don't want me to like call someone?"

"I'm fucking fine!" I shout at him trying to put the pants Val ripped off my legs.

"Those cuts don't look fine. Let me take care of them." He says stepping closer to me carefully I flinch "who hurt you?" He says coming closer rubbing circles in my back.

"No one this..." I pause taking a breath and slicking my hair back only for it to come back to its normal fluffy shape. "This was for a shoot. Was to tired to go anywhere after."

He nods. "I think we have extra clothes a floor down." He says as I huff and puff about getting  the clothes on.

I follow him to an elevator. "You under contract?" He says I grab at my arm in the elevator pulling into myself trying to become smaller.

"Of course, i wouldn't be here if I wasn't." He nods once again a man of few words I'm assuming. "I don't know why you care so much about this."

"Where in hell. People don't look out for others. If I can help a little, I will." He shrugs the elevator opening up. He lets me go pushing another button for himself.

I see the racks of clothes finding a blazer and some pants. There's no mirror in sight around me so I assume my face looks like shit. Doesn't matter.

I walk down to my apartment it's not a long walk but I feel exhausted when I finally get to it.

I walk in the smell of smoke engulfing me along with the visible pink tint I cough. A swarm of muttered curses fly out from my room.

"Angel you home!" Val announces walking out on my room covering his body with his wings.

"No thanks to you." I whisper to myself.

"Hmm?" He snakes his hand around my shoulder.

"Nothing Val. Nothing." I shrug his hand off crossing my arms walking into my room.

As I thought a flat faced tv man laying on my side of my bed. I roll my eyes walking into the bathroom closing the door locking it, and beginning the shower turning the nob all the way to boiling.

I wait for it to heat up looking at myself. Bruising across my arms. Dried who knows what crusted into my body. My fingers trail across the cuts on my thighs. I pick on one of the scabs blood beginning to spill out all over again.

I step into the shower the steaming water engulfing me. It burns, but I'd rather burn everything that happened last night off. I scrub away at my body leaving it raw and fresh. I let the water pour on my face and flow down me. A sizzling jolt tracing through me every time a drop go's to deep into the cuts.

I wrap myself in a towel walking out. Vox is gone he's been replaced by a lump in my bed.

I creep up to it. It shuffles underneath the blanket.

I lift the blanket revealing a little pig nose poking out. I jump back surprised by the sight. He's a fat little thing. He scootches up closer to me rubbing his head into my hand.

"Oh you found my present." Val walks in clasping his hands together.

"Yeah..." I trail off looking at him.

He claps his hands together making the little guy hide back under the blanket. "Well you gotta move your stuff into the tower." He flings a box up on my bed.

"No Val, I wanna stay here." I say leading my hand under the blanket slowly pulling the little guy out.

"Angie, seriously? We're playing this cat and mouse game again, and I thought you learned." He scoffs a cigarette appearing in his hand the smoke trailing throughout the room.

"Do you see what I look like right now Val? I can't handle your shit!" I say dropping my towel down the cuts and bruises on my body displaying themselves.

"They'll heal your fine, so dramatic." Smoke trails out of his lips his words cutting into me.

"Sure they will, but not in here." I tap my head. "I'll remember these things forever I can't do this anymore Val so fuck off!" I yell out pointing to my door.

"You forget who your talking to?" A chain appears around his hands quickly manifesting closer to me and around my neck. He tugs me forward forcing me to fall to my knees. "You stupid slut." He slaps my face squeezing my cheeks his fingers digging into them. "You signed the fucking contract." He shoves me backwards. The little guy on my bed scurrying under the blanket again at the sound of my body thudding onto the floor. "Your mine, whatever I want you to do you'll do." He says the chain disappearing.

I stand up on my feet looking at him his wings flapping as his smile lifts across his face.

"Angie just trust me. Oh wait a second you don't." The chair reapers pulling me back down, and closer to him. He wraps it around his hand making it tighter and tighter. "Does it hurt?" I stay silent he takes his finger lifting "I can stop all you have to do is beg." He spits out at me.

"Please Val please. I just-" it tightens around my neck cutting my voice off. I close my eyes only seeing his laughter dance across the back of my lids. "Val let go. I'll do whatever." I finally say calmly.

"Now that's a good boy." He coos squatting down gripping my face tracing his finger along my jaw. "Now move all your shit outa here." He stands walking out leaving me on the floor.

The little guy Val got me hops off the bed curling himself in front of me. I pull him in close giving him a hug.

"You like the name fat nuggets?" He looks up at me a sad expression on his face. A face that says I deserve better than what I have. "Don't look at me like that. He's the best I got, otherwise who knows where'd I'd be." I pet him lying there for a long time before I finally get the courage to stand and pack my shit up.