Chapter 064- Extraction

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Secure that primate and bring it to the chopper. Proceed with caution. Bravo team, extract the lady and also secure her to the chopper. And... you, don't forget to secure the baby skull." Jacob gives a command right after they land on the ground and get off the helicopter.

Jacob now feels satisfied to see all around him. That base camp of CCT now is no other than a wreck post-human ruin. Jacob walks freely to see around, and...

"Well-well-well... Look who is here?" Jacob said when he stood in front of a small cage.

Gerald wants to get out of the cage and face Jacob, but...

"Don't move!" Jacob's army already surrounding the cage and aiming their weapon at the cage.

"Lock the cage," Jacob commands his army and his army does that.

"What do you want Jacob?" Gerald asked from inside the cage.

"Me? Nothing, just take what is mine. And thank you for the Japanese Scientist, do not worry, she will live comfortably with us." Jacob said.

"We secure the lady, sir!" a group of Jacob's army reports while bringing Sayaka with them.

"Put her in the chopper."

"Yes, sir!"

"Don't you dare Jacob!" Gerald threaten.

"Or what? HA-HA-HA... look at you all, just like pigs playing with mud. Dirty little pigs threaten eagles? You are hilarious." Jacob and his army are laughing.

"You are my ex-soldier, aren't you?" Jacob asked Gerald.

"I was out not long after you were in charge. You are a maniac, political assassination, civilian casualty conspiracy, genocide, all are insane under you." Gerald said.

"Well, it means you are a small-minded person. All I did was, in fact, able to make the US great again." Jacob said.

"Rather I died than become your satanic tools."

"As you wish then... As you wish... I think the infected will come back here when they are hungry, I will provide you all as their dish... See, I am still a humanitarian, don't I? Ha-ha-ha."

"Wait! Wait, Mr. Jacob, sir... I am Jeff, I am the one that brings you the primate baby skull... It is proved that the primate keeps looking for it, isn't it? That primate even pursued me to Tokyo, and now here. Please help me, Mr. Jacob, take me with you." Jeff pledged.

"Well, I already paid you, didn't I? So all is done." Jacob said.

"Take the money back, just take me with you, please sir... I will work for you, as a janitor, or whatever you want..." Jeff pledged again.

"Ha-ha-ha... You are ridiculous... I wired the money to McMoney, and I believe he hasn't shared it with you. Where is McMoney now? The best probability he is out there, infected already. Well, whatever it is, your safety living with me will be much more expensive rather than anything you can do for me. So, just enjoy your time here Jeff, with your new pig-dirty-like friends. Ha-ha-ha..." Jacob said and wanted to leave.

"What about the red-haired boy, sir?" One of Jacob's army asked.

"Who? Which one? Ow... That one? The Irish...? Hem... Nah, our choppers are full already." Jacob said.

Then Jacob saw them all again inside the cage with a smile.

"Well, thank you for the information. Good day." Jacob said and commanded their army to leave.

At that moment, all the futuristic helicopters start to lift off again and fly away.

The alpha primate is already secured in a special chamber carried by a chopper. The baby skull was also already put back inside the case and took over. The last one is Sayaka, she looks sad, but nothing she can do. She was also taken by Jacob's army back to most likely the Elad's bunker.

"Why did he say thank you for the information? Are you the one who informed them about us?" The cruise ship captain asked Jeff.

"No way, I am not! Before now I was in South Africa, How do I know about this, now...? I am also shocked about what happened just now." Jeff explained.

"So it is mean one of you. There is a mole between you. I am already used to this kind of situation, the black market condition, mole in often." Dikombo said.

"So who?" The cruise ship captain asked.

Gerald also begins to suspect, but he suspects the cruise ship captain first.

"Me? No, I am not... Why should I? What is the benefit for me? Look I am also in danger of death together with you all, here, now." The captain said... He saw Gerald leer on him.

"Who else... You also already heard what they said, right? The red-haired boy." Ros said sarcastically.

Rory is still deeply grieving after he lost his best friend, Qunn, forever. He shocks hearing that accusation, but he is still reluctant to react, "Me? How could you..." He said.

"Maybe not directly you, but your father, a father that worries his son in a dangerous situation. One of the richest people in Ireland most likely has a connection with other rich people like Elad and then asked them to help his son, but now betrayed." Ros said.

"Ridiculous," Rory said for that accusation based on assumption.

"But. Rory. I remember. When we were together with Prof. Bill at the last minute. You saw Elad on TV, and you ran away and left us meanwhile Prof. Bill begged you to stay." Gerald said.

"But I... I..." Rory does not know what to say, he is so tired of everything.

"Shh... The infected are coming back. Keep quiet!" Dikombo said.

And it is true. Some of them are coming back.

Gerald, Ros, Jeff, Dikombo, and the captain grab mud from the ground and cover their body with it again. But...

CLANK!

Jeff accidentally hit a wire fence.

"Ups... Sorry..." He said.

GROWL!

It is useless, the infected heard that, and now they approach and surround the small cage. they try to force open or dismantle the small cage, while Gerald and the others try to hold back.

It's a matter of life and death. If only the cage is dismantled, it will be their end.

A group of always-hungry mutated people try to break open the cage that covers their prey.

And another group of muddy survivors holds tight to the cage because their lives depend on it.

Which one will win?