Chapter 029 - Blue Lantern

Two days already passed.

Gerald often thinks, did he really speak with an old man in the poppy field?

Now what will happen, the day is this day. That night they were all already in their cell like usual.

They don't make any problems since.

Now what?

The sky is already dark, really dark...

The hot temperature already shifted to cold.

Now what?

Should they wait a little bit late at night? Or just assume that the old man thing is just an unusual phenomenon.

Well, that is the situation of people inside the jail that have nothing to do, the mind will go wild to think a lot of that may be unnecessary.

...

But of course, Gerald and others will never know what is out there, the old man is actually trying his best to work on something, to make his promise and plan can happen.

That old man actually lives, or more precisely hiding, in a clustered town nearest to the Palace.

So that clustered town and Palace are separated by around 100 to 200 meters. Separated by desert and garrison. So just like the Palace that is surrounded by a garrison, that clustered town is also surrounded by a garrison all around it.

Because it is the closest town to the Palace, so Jaffar's armies also conquered the town, even though not as much as the armies inside the Palace.

So in that clustered town, especially in the garrison, Jaffar's army always make a patrol from time to time. They also make patrol bellow the garrison which is in the town itself. So activities of the citizen in that town kind of always watched, mostly.

That clustered town is also an old town just like the Palace. Luckily inside that town, there is a water source for their daily life, and there is also a small farm that is quite enough to provide food for all the citizens inside the garrison. Not plenty, just enough.

So for now, citizens of that clustered town can't do many things. Some of them farm daily, some others go mining, fishing, or you know, the poppy things, just how the armies inside the town escort them to, just similar to Gerald and others.

Yes, they kind of don't have freedom there, but at least they also save from the pandemic. Jaffar's army always makes the guard on the garrison, they will not hesitate to shoot the infected who come closer.

But in that kind of situation, Jaffar's armies in that town also don't know that there is an old man that has his own agenda.

That day, the old man waits until the sky becomes dark. Then he starts to execute his plan.