Chapter no.151 Waking Up

Start from the beginning

"Go away!"

Only silence and reproachful looks answered him. The blond stared down the four ghosts. They would not leave him alone, even when he was unconscious! Sending a smouldering glare their way, the blond attempted the best he could to scare them away.

To no avail, as after five minutes of absolute silence save for Naruto huffing and doing his best to be intimidating, the ghosts were still there. Unmoving. Quiet. Dead.

Accusatory.

Naruto felt his cool slip away from his control, anger tugging on his emotional leash.

"Fuck! Off! I followed my orders! It was a mission. I didn't kill all of you, the king did. He won the fight 'ttebayo!"

Stabbing his pointer finger at each of the apparition, the blond took the most threatening tone he was capable of.

"Now leave me alone, or else!"

The apparition kept staring in silence, their eyes the only way to express their fury.

Suddenly, the apparitions floated forwards, slowly but purposefully moving toward him. Naruto felt his head shake "no" and took several steps back. To no avail, as the distance between him and the ghosts kept steadily decreasing.

"No, no, no, no, get away from me, get away from me!" The boy screamed, panic mounting inside him, gripping at his throat, tripping his heart, weakening his legs.

Naruto felt himself miss a step. In a flash, the apparitions were on him as he fell slowly, as if out of time. Ghastly nails clawed at his flesh, he could sense their teeth tearing him apart while his gaze was held captive by their dead, unseeing eyes. The lone kunoichi pressed a hand against his mouth and Naruto felt himself start to suffocate.

He knew the feeling now. He had experienced it. Blood gushed from his throat, reddening his tattered shirt and invading his lungs. Inexorably, Naruto drowned once again.

[ Skill Activation: Mind of Nirvana ]

  - [ Commencing mental trauma removal process. ]

  - [ Progression: ]

    - [ 1%... ]

    - [ 10%... ]

    - [ 50%... ]

    - [ 100% completed. ]

[ Mental Trauma Resolution: ]

  - [ Guilt associated with murder has been eradicated. ]

  - [ Status Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) has been forcibly removed from Naruto Uzumaki's psychological profile. ]

As soon as Naruto read the notification, he found that he had woken up.

So, that was all just a nightmare.

"Naruto! Calm down! It's me, Dog!"

Naruto glanced to the side to his teammate looking at him worried.

The blond greedily inhaled oxygen, his throat burning and irritating him, the sensation sending him into a coughing fit. Everything felt incredibly dry. His lips were cracked and painful, his throat parched, and he was quite certain his entire body lacked water.

As if reading his thoughts, Dog next to him rose a gourd to his mouth and the boy lost no time drinking his fill. After a second, he moaned in discontent: whoever was making him drink had carefully tipped the gourd so that only a trickle of water could flow down his thirsty canal.

"Slow down, you're gonna hurt yourself."

Naruto grumbled something and water dripped on his chin. After a while, the content of the gourd exhausted, the boy allowed himself to lay back.