"Not like slapping me is going to help" Chris shot back, trying to slap Matt back but missed.

Matt rolled his eyes as he dodged Chris, "I'm slapping my sense into you!" 

"Go find Nick by yourself. You won't die doing it" 

Matt was astonished. He had never heard such stupidity coming out of his brother's mouth. "You have to be kidding right? Have you never watched a horror movie in your life? That is how everyone dies" 

Chris shrugged and started walking around trying to find a solid place away from the ocean. 

Matt trailed behind, complaining about Chris's words to his face. "I'm not going alone" 

"I'm not going with you" 

Matt slapped Chris in the back. "Listen motherfucker. In case you didn't notice, we are stuck on an island. We don't know where Nick is and the plane is burning in the ocean. I don't even know how we are living at the moment, so listen to me. Put off this whole tough guy act, that is my thing, and help me find our brother" He cried out. 

Chris laughed. "Nah" 

Matt took off his shirt and wrapped it around his wrist. "Fine, but when you're the only triplet left, my ghost will say 'I told you so'" 

And with that, Matt Struniolo trekked into the trees of the island by himself. 

-- 

"Nick buddy make a noise or something" Matt called out. It was like a giant game of hide and seek apart from the fact his brother's life was on the line. 

Comforting. 

"Nick please" Matt begged. 

He was sweating buckets, it had to be at least a million degrees. The adrenaline was starting to fade away and he was weary about the fact his head was still killing him.

A rustle in the bush caught his attention. 

Little known fact about Matt, he hated snakes, like purely hated them. 

So his head turned sharply towards the bush, and Matt edged further from the bush, even though every muscle in his body told him to run. 

Another rustle. 

Matt's once steady breathing was as unstable as everyone's mental stability. 

Another rustle. 

Flight mode was turned on and Matt ran. Deeper into the forest.

He stopped after a minute to catch his breath, too hot to run anymore. 

Hiss 

Matt's head whipped towards the hissing noise, making eye contact with a legless lizard. 

"Shit that is not a legless lizard, Nick hurry come help snake. Nick, there is a snake" Matt didn't know why he was talking but he had to. He looked at the snake. 

He didn't know what type it was and he didn't care. But his brain automatically went to the thought that it was a venomous snake that would murder him. 

So he ran some more. 

Then stopped for a breather, thank god he didn't leave his shoes with Chris's

If the author was in this situation she would have twisted her ankle, cried, ran off a cliff and died. Continuing. 

Then the hissing sound got louder, like painfully loud. And something sharp was in Matt's leg he was well aware. 

Matt looked down. The snake. The snake was on his leg, wrapped around his leg. The snake was on his leg, wrapped around it, biting into him.