Chapter 18

Katie's POV

"Can we finish our lunch now? I'm starving!" I exclaimed.

Oliver laughed, "Yeah let's bring it to the lab though. So you can put your things away."

Barry pulled up with the car, "Need a ride?"

I shook my head, "How'd you know?"

We all got in the car and Barry turned around so we could go back to the house.

"So you're going on vacation next month?" Oliver asked Barry leaning over the seat.

"Yeah we're going to Vieques. We've been saving up for two years now." Barry replied. "Airline tickets are expensive."

"You can take my jet." Oliver offered. "It'll be easier on Max and if you want to take your suits you don't have to worry about security."

"Are you sure?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"Of course! I'd do anything for you guys!" Oliver insisted.

"Ya know Oliver there's an extra room in the house we're staying at..." Barry murmured, trailing off as he pulled into our driveway.

I glanced at Oliver grinning.

"I'd love to come!" Oliver replied.

"Tomorrow we'll have to go to the bank and get money. Because I was going to today but ya know the bank was robbed." I said.

Oliver got to work on our chicken salad sandwiches while Barry and I looked for something on TV. I found the news and clicked in the channel.

"Central City National Bank was robbed again today but it was stopped by our city's vigilante, The Hood. Here is some exclusive footage from the security cameras in the bank." The video plays of me rescuing Oliver and defeating the men with the help of Max. "As you have noticed Oliver Queen was in the bank but a police officer claims he was picking up money for a friend. The vigilante showed up as soon as the robber pointed a gun at his head. It seems our city's vigilante likes Oliver Queen."

I immediately flicked to a different channel.

"Hey I was watching that!" Barry yelled snatching the remote away.

He changed it back to the news channel.

"Whoever this vigilante is, saves our lives everyday. She risks her own life to help us. Her and her dog, Max I think the name is. I think she should come forward so the people can thank her." A guy explained into the microphone.

"I can't!!!" I yelled at the TV.

Barry changed the channel. It was another news channel. They were talking about the robbery.

"Ooookaaaay!" Barry shut the TV off and tossed the remote on the coffee table.

Oliver came out with three plates with sandwiches on them.

I took a bite of it, "Mm this is so good!"

Oliver smiled, "Glad you think so. So what's the plan in Vieques?"

I swallowed, "There's a couple of bio bays around the island and one of the nights we're gonna go to one. I'm gonna swim in it even if it's illegal."

Oliver shook his head, "I'll have to join you."

"There are tons of beaches to go to." Barry added putting down his plate. "I'm thinking about asking Felicity to come."