Chapter 7

Katie's POV

"Go ahead." Roy offered.

"Why me? I mean we just met a few hours ago." I asked. "Not to mention I almost shot you."

Roy chuckled, "Very true but I saw something in you. Something most girls don't have. It takes guts to be someone like you."

"What'd you see?" I asked leaning closer over the table.

"Strength." He answered.

A woman in her 20s handed us breadsticks, "My name is Laura and I will be serving you today. What would you like to drink?"

"Can I get a big chocolate milkshake?" I asked.

"Actually make that two please." Roy added.

Laura nodded and walked away.

"So Katie. Tell me about you. What led you here." Roy stated looking at the menu.

"Well when I got back to the lab after a mission Oliver called my brother, Barry. He said he was coming to visit for a few days because Felicity hacked into a camera. He's been keeping tabs on me and now he wanted to know why I'm doing what I'm doing. He saw me as a kid, a reckless kid. But when he came the next night. We stopped a drug deal but not Cole. I was shot so when I was bleeding Oliver put me on his motorcycle and drove me back to the lab. They stitched me up and when I woke up Oliver offered to train me so I wouldn't get shot so much. Barry was very happy about that so I'm here now." I explained whispering quietly so no one heard me.

"Barry is very protective isn't he?" Roy said.

"Yeah he is. Especially since our Mom died and Dad landed in prison. He's been taking care of me. We got our own little place in a small house living on his salary and mine as a grocery deliverer on a bicycle." I replied. "Things have been different ever since Mom. I was young so we stayed at a friend's till we were old enough to support ourselves."

"Wow...that's quite a story..." Roy gulped.

"Barry's a good brother. He-" My phone started ringing. "Oh look it's Barry! I have to take this." I answered the phone. "Barry what is it? I'm kind of busy."

"What are you doing? We caught another metahuman and I thought you'd like to get some ice cream." Barry offered. "I want to celebrate. Iris and me aren't exactly on the best terms. Need something to do."

"Barry I'm kind of on a date." I slowly said glancing at Roy who was holding in a laugh.

"You've been in Starling City for what a day and a half and you already have a date?!" Barry asked. "How?!"

"He works with Oliver. It's fine really." I smiled at Roy.

"When you mean Oliver you mean the Arrow?" Barry pressed on.

"Yes Barry. Look I'll call you when I'm done and we can get some ice cream okay?" I said.

"Fine. Love you." He sighed in defeat.

"Love you too." I hung up. "So sorry about my brother. He wants to talk about his love life."

Laura brought out the food.

"Sounds like a hassel." Roy chuckled.