Chapter 15

Katie's POV 2 Years Later

After Roy's death I went back to Central City to forget about all of it. Once Max was old enough I trained him like a police canine. He can detect drugs and arms, he can protect me and dodge bullets, he wears a vest now, and he goes out in the field with me. But now Barry says I should go to Starling City again to visit Oliver but I don't know if I'm ready for it. I haven't been back since it happened.

I don't want to go back.

But I miss Oliver.

"Hey I'm gonna head to the lab. You want to come?" Barry said coming from the hallway.

"Yeah I'll come." I sighed and called for Max.

Max came running and I slipped on his collar and grabbed his vest. Barry and I got in the car and Max jumped in the back.

After about fifteen minutes of silence we pulled in the lab parking lot and I got out with Max following.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and turned the corner into my room full of equipment to see...

Oliver.

He was firing arrows at tennis balls sticking them to the wall.

"Oliver?!?!" I asked, my jaw dropping.

He lowered his bow, turned to me, and smiled.

I rushed forward and hugged him, "I missed you."

"I missed you too, so much..." Oliver whispered in my ear. "Can we go somewhere and talk?"

"Come on..." I pulled him out of the lab. "What did you want to say?"

"Are you okay? You've been gone for two years." Oliver asked.

"I needed some time. I got busy with Max's training." I gestured to Max who was ahead of us sniffing the ground. "Joe said Max was the best dog he ever trained. But that's not what you wanted to talk about is it?"

"Uh...no...it's not. I've done some thinking about...some things and I wanted to tell you." He responded quietly.

"Me too. I never understood what to do. Since everything that happened two-"

Oliver cupped my head in his hands and kissed me. My mouth moved with his in one fluid motion.

Oliver pulled away so our heads were touching, "I've wanted to do that for a long time..."

"Oliver I-"

"Shh, let's get out of here. Let me make you feel better." Oliver whispered.

I smiled, "Let's go to my place."

Oliver whistled for a cab and it brakes as he pulled to the curb.

"No dogs in the car." The cab driver said sternly as Max bounded over.

"He's a service dog. He will be with us in the car." Oliver said as he got in the car behind me.

Max jumped in and sat in the middle.

"225 Maple Lane." I ordered.

Oliver wrapped his arm around stretching it over Max, "What do you want for lunch? I make a mean chicken salad sandwich."

"So let's have that. So I can watch you cook." I giggled.

"We're here." The cab driver said.

Oliver tossed him a wad of cash and the three of us got out of the cab stepping onto the sidewalk to my home.