Chapter 9

Katie's POV

I was shoving arrows into my quiver and strapping on attachments to my wrists.

Oliver grabbed my arm and whispered, "Hey I mean it. No killing."

"I know Oliver I'll be fine." I turned to Barry. "Barry don't come on this one."

"What?! Why not?!" Barry asked pulling down his mask.

"This is Starling City. My city. If you make a move The Count could kill Felicity. Leave this to us, please. We'll call if we need you." Oliver explained patting Barry on the shoulder as he walked up the stairs.

I hugged him, "I'll be fine."

Barry kissed me on the forehead, "Be safe."

I followed Oliver up the stairs.

"Why is it only us two?" I asked as we rode the motorcycle to the building.

"Big group is dangerous. It could endanger Felicity. So I limited it." He answered.

"Why me?" I wondered as we zipped through the city. "You have Roy."

"Something about you is different." Oliver answered. "You lost family. You feel pain and anger. It's different to people like us."

"Wow..." I murmured.

"We're here. I'll enter from the bottom. You go from the top." Oliver said and ran into the building.

I climbed the fire escape to the top and headed in. I heard voices and I stepped mid step before the doorway to listen to them.

"Let her go!" I heard Oliver yell.

I quietly stepped into the room pointing an arrow at The Count's heart.

He turned to me, "Aaaah the girl from Central City!"

He cocked the gun pointed at Felicity's head.

"Don't do this!" Oliver demanded.

The Count pressed the gun to Felicity's head. Oliver fidgeted in his spot. I gripped my bow tighter. He pressed the gun harder.

I fired an arrow before he squeezed the trigger. He staggered back and I fired another. And another until The Count crashed through the window and plummeted to the ground with a soft thump.

Felicity ran over to me and crashed into my arms.

"Hey it's okay." I hugged her. "You're safe now."

Oliver pulled Felicity away and hugged her. I nodded to him and he gave a small nod back.

I tapped on my earpiece, "Barry? Hey bro are you there?"

"Katie! Are you okay? Is Felicity safe?" He asked.

"Yeah we're fine. The Count's dead." I said as we walked down the stairs, Oliver keeping an arm around Felicity.

"What? I thought Oliver-"

"I killed him." I cut him off.

"Are you okay?" He pressed on.

I climbed on my motorcycle and we headed out, "I'm fine. Just..." I trailed off. "I'll be home soon okay?"

"Okay...I have to go." Barry hung up as I pulled into the Night Club.

"Oliver I'm sorry." I murmured as I walked up to him. "I know you didn't want me to kill him but..."

He lifted up my chin, "He was going to kill Felicity. You did what you had to do."