Chapter 17

Oliver's POV

I laid on the ground covering my head as per instructions of the robbers. Central National should really get better security.

Katie's POV

"Barry I need you to run in a circle around a crowd of hostages so it's a distraction for Oliver to change." I ordered as I held the back door open. "A distraction only."

"Be careful." He glanced at me and sped inside.

I ran in after him with Max at my heels.

Oliver's POV

"Ah if it isn't Mr. Oliver Queen! What is the richest man in the city doing here?! In a simple commoner bank!" A robber said. "Up and at 'em."

The robber grabbed my tied arms and picked me up forcefully.

Katie's POV

I shot out the cameras just in case and rounded the corner to see a robber pointing a gun at Oliver.

Oliver's POV

"Let him go!" Katie demanded as she pointed an arrow at him.

I smiled and nodded.

Her eyes diverted upward and I noticed a small glimpse of red.

Barry.

I shook my head and gave her a look that only she understood.

Katie's POV

I gave the signal for Barry to go back to the lab with the bundle.

Oliver wanted me to do this alone.

Oliver's POV

"Or what?" The robber asked. "A bullet flies faster than an arrow."

Cop cars swarmed outside the bank their sirens blaring.

I kept silent.

Katie tapped her temple and pointed forward.

"Max." Katie said. Max growled. "Sick."

Max attacked at the nearest robber tearing the gun away from his hand. Katie fired an arrow at the gun pressed to my head and knocked it from the man's grasp. I ducked back to the ground so I didn't blow my own cover.

Katie and Max took down the men with ease and she tied them up. She untied all the hostages and left me for last.

Once I stood up she pulled me close and whispered in my ear, "Meet me at the lab."

Katie and Max ran out the back door.

Cops swarmed the building and we're immediately taking statements.

Joe came in and went right to me, "What happened Mr. Queen?"

I shook my head, "One of the robbers pointed a gun at my head but then she came in. The Hood and her dog. She stopped the men and left."

"The Hood? That's what you're calling her? Did her voice seem familar to you at all?" Joe asked.

I know Joe knows who the Hood is but he's just doing his job.

"No she used a device to disguise her voice. I was picking up some money. I hide a secret stash here." I replied.

Joe nodded and went away.

Katie rushed in with Max without his vest on and she had her bag slung over her shoulder, "Barry called! Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine. Come on let's get back to our meal. You'll get your money later." I said and wrapped my arm around her shoulder as we walked out.