Chapter 4

Katie's POV

I sat in the guest room, alone and tired but for some reason I couldn't sleep. I needed my brother.

I picked up my phone and dialed Barry, "Barry...."

"Katie?! What is it?! Are you okay?" He asked sounding tired. "It's three in the morning."

"I'm fine. It's just I can't sleep. Can you stay with me?" I asked choking up a little.

"What's wrong?" He sounded worried.

"Thinking about Mom. And how I don't really have a family. Except for you." I replied.

"I'll be right there." He hung up the phone.

A few seconds later he was at the window and climbed in. He hopped into bed and pulled the covers over the both of us.

"Hey you okay baby sis...." He whispered pulling my hair behind my ear.

"Just thinking. Stressed. Oliver's training is quite stressful." I smiled.

"It'll be okay. You'll be fast and good. Maybe you won't get shot so much." Barry murmured laughing a little.

"I don't have super speed like you Barry. I have a bow and two dozen arrows." I gave him a look that said 'give me a break'.

"Go to sleep now okay." Barry whispered. "I'll be right here in the morning." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Oliver's POV

I slowly opened the door to Katie's room and peered inside. Barry was in the bed with Katie watching her sleep.

"When did you get here?" I whispered.

Barry carefully climbed out of the bed and went into the hall with me.

"She called me. Said she couldn't sleep. Wanted me to stay with her. So I came." Barry replied.

"You're a good brother." I patted him on the shoulder.

"Our Mom died. Our Dad is in prison. I'm the only thing she's got left. I love her." Barry explained crossing his arms.

"She loves you too. She'll be fine with some training." I replied.

"Thank you. Just be careful out in the field with her." Barry warned. "And keep an earpiece on her. So I can talk to her."

"Of course. Go back in there. I'll see ya tomorrow." I said opening the door and letting Barry back in.

Katie's POV

The sun broke through the blinds making me wake up.

I sat up and saw Barry putting a shirt on, "Gross."

"Can it Katie." Barry laughed and dragged me out of bed. "Come on you got training. And I have a metahuman to catch."

"Fine. See ya!" I hugged him and he left.

I changed into a gray Nike shirt and black pants with sneakers and ran down the stairs.

"Oliver!" I yelled.

"He said to meet you at the club." Thea said coming into the hall.

"Thanks Thea." I smiled and went to leave.

"Hey if you ever want to talk or something just call me. You look like the kind of person who could use a friend right now that's not my brother." Thea said.

"Thank you." I rushed out the door and climbed on my motorcycle heading towards the club.