Chapter 20: The Beginning

Start from the beginning

Harry's expression faltered for a moment before he composed himself. "I mean it, Celestia," he insisted, his eyes earnest. "I know this can be hard with your family, but I want to make things right. I want to be with you. I have been thinking about it since the past month and I am certain about us"

Celestia's facade remained unyielding as she shook her head, a hint of sadness flickering in her eyes. "Harry, you don't understand," she said softly. "We come from two different worlds. Our families, our loyalties... they're like oil and water. It could never work between us."

Harry's brow furrowed in frustration. "But why does that have to matter?" he pressed, his voice tinged with desperation. "Can't we just... be together, despite all of that?"

Celestia's gaze softened, her resolve momentarily wavering as she looked at him. "Oh, Harry," she murmured, reaching out to touch his arm. "If only it were that simple."

For the next half hour, Harry pleaded his case, attempting to sway Celestia's decision. But try as he might, she remained steadfast in her resolve. With a heavy heart, Harry finally accepted defeat and left her standing in the corridor, feeling more lost and confused than ever.

As Celestia made her way back to her compartment, her mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. She had never intended for things to end like this, but she knew deep down that it was for the best. The secret relationship she had shared with Harry had always been a delicate balance, fraught with danger and deception.

As she entered the compartment, Draco was telling Crabe and Goyle about the Dark Lord returning and the glory they'll get by his side. Celestia's heart sank.

Celestia had always believed in her father, she had practiced the dark magic and used it at her defence, Celestia believed in the faith her father has but now, things are complicated.

Flashbacks of stolen moments and whispered promises flooded her mind as she sank into her seat, the weight of her secrets pressing down on her shoulders. She had never imagined herself falling for someone like Harry Potter, the Golden Boy of Gryffindor, but fate had a twisted sense of humor.

Their forbidden romance had blossomed in the shadows, shielded from prying eyes and wagging tongues. But when Harry had revealed the truth about Lucius Malfoy's involvement in the graveyard, everything had changed.

Celestia's loyalty to her family clashed with her feelings for Harry, tearing her apart from the inside out. She had tried to distance herself, to bury her emotions beneath a facade of indifference, but Harry had refused to let her go without a fight.

And now, as the Hogwarts Express hurtled towards the end of another school year, Celestia found herself facing an impossible choice. She could continue to deny herself the happiness she craved, sacrificing her own desires for the sake of her family's reputation. Or she could take a chance on love, risking everything for a future that might never come to pass.

By the time they reached London, Celestia had made her decision.

The Hogwarts Express chugged to a halt at King's Cross Station, signaling the end of another school year. As the students poured out onto the platform, Celestia Malfoy couldn't help but feel a twinge of excitement mingled with apprehension. She scanned the crowd, her sharp eyes seeking out the familiar figure of the gryffindor boy among the throng of eager families.

Although Celestia's heart leaped with joy at the sight of her parent's beaming faces. Lucius Malfoy stood tall and imposing, his trademark smirk softened by the pride shining in his eyes. Narcissa Malfoy, elegant and refined as ever, exuded an aura of warmth and grace as she enveloped her daughter in a tight embrace.

"Darling, how was your journey?" Narcissa asked, her voice tinged with concern as she pulled back to study Celestia's expression.

"It was fine, Mother," Celestia replied with a forced smile, her mind elsewhere as she glanced over her shoulder, searching for a familiar face in the crowd.

Lucius raised an eyebrow, his piercing gaze narrowing in suspicion. "Where is Draco?" he inquired, his tone tinged with impatience.

"Oh, um... I'll go find him," Celestia muttered hastily, already edging away from her parents before they could press her further.

With a quick excuse, she slipped through the barrier for 9/3 quarter, her heart pounding in her chest as she raced towards the cluster of muggle families gathered on the other side. And then she saw him, standing amidst the bustling crowd with the muggle family and the Weasleys, a heavy sadness etched on his features.
Celestia had to admit, he looked nothing like his family.

"HARRY!" Celestia called out, her voice echoing across the platform as heads turned in surprise.

Harry's expression shifted from sadness to concern to shock as he caught sight of her, his emerald eyes widening in disbelief. For a moment, he seemed frozen in place, unsure of how to react to her sudden appearance.

But as Celestia drew nearer, her determination shining in her eyes, Harry's face lit up with a radiant smile. "Celestia!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with a mixture of joy and disbelief.

Without a second thought, Celestia closed the distance between them in a few swift strides, her heart pounding with adrenaline as she threw her arms around him and pressed her lips against his in a fervent kiss.

The crowd around them erupted into a chorus of gasps and murmurs as they witnessed the unexpected display of affection. Celestia could feel the heat rising to her cheeks as she pulled back, her eyes meeting Harry's with a mixture of defiance and longing.

"I love you, Celestia," Harry whispered in her ear, his voice barely audible above the din of the crowd.

A surge of emotion welled up inside Celestia as she gazed into his eyes, her heart soaring with a newfound sense of hope and happiness. "I love you too, Harry," she replied, her voice trembling with emotion as she reached out to take his hand in hers.

As they stood there amidst the chaos of the bustling platform, oblivious to the curious stares and whispered gossip swirling around them, Celestia knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, bound by a love that defied all expectations.