chapter 2

Winter was finally here and on this cold night breezing with snow all around...
    Sarah just gave birth to twins. She was just a poor single parent whose husband divorced her.she laid on the hospital bed exhausted and tired bearly able to open her eyes to see such beautiful daughters she gave birth to. She tried to close her eyes and rest for a bit.
   A man in an all black suite and mask walked into her room and picked one of the baby lying in her crib making Sarah stir in her sleep and finally opening her eyes,"wh-at are you doing?" She asked.when the man saw this he hurried to rush outside with the baby he just took making Sarah scream and shout to bring her daughter back but to no avail. She pressed on the emergency button as fast as she could and got off the bed trying to run after the man hoping to retrieve her daughter but he pushed her making her head hit on a nearby table but due to exhaustion after child birth, she fainted which made the man run with the baby outside the hospital with the half twin.
   When the doctors and nurses came into the room, but they saw only the unconscious body of sarah. They woke her up and asked what happened making her cry in tears.
"S--so-meone t-took my baby." She cried harder.
"Quick call the police and let's file a  kidnap case."said one of the doctors.
Few days later...
There was still no news of her daughter. Sarah was soo scared to leave her other daughter fearing the man might come and take her too.The police came to find some information regarding the person.
"Good day Madam." The police man greets Sarah.
"G-Good day.." Sarah was soo scared of the news shes going to receive but she embrace herself for what was to come.
"I'm afraid we still got no lead" he says. "Can you describe the person again!?"
"H-he was wearing black suit and had a black mask on v-very scarry." She says with tears threatening to fall.
"Anything else?" he asked.
"That's all I saw"Sarah explains.
" Ok I'll let you know when there's something,have a good day"
And from that day she hasn't heard anything from the police again.
It was time for Sarah to be discharged from the hospital so her friend, Angel paid for her bills and went to pick Sarah up.
"Are you okay?.I  know its absurd to ask but i had to." Angel says.
"Yes. I'm fine" Sarah smiles at her.
" You know I'm always there for you right?"Angel says.
"No amount of word can explain how blessed i am to have you." Sarah says with tears Threatening to fall but she manages to smile.
"Now let's go home with the baby before she wakes up and start crying" Angel picks the baby and helps Sarah to walk.
Author's Note; *whew* i really tried my best📝😩. I know you might be bored right now. But please everything will get better just dont stop reading.◉⁠‿⁠◉
Its kinda a slow burn but it'll get better as time goes on.
By lilinae.
Published on 22nd February 2024