8

Alex, August, and Maggie were awoken from their very peaceful, comfortable sleep by sudden, angry heavy fist bangs against the hotel room door. Alex had instinctively put his arm up in front of Maggie. He was closest tot he door, she was next. She might not be his mate, but he was going to protect her like she was from any danger while she shared his bed.

August grabbed a towel from the bathroom on his way from the bed, and slung the white terry cloth around his waist, holding the fabric in place as he answered the door. Maggie was full of fear, the smell permeating the room. Making both twins angry. It wasn't anyone who could be sincere threat to Alex and August. A real enemy would have broken down the door.  It was just rude to interrupt anyone overnight without a good reason.

A brief pause, as a drunk man yelled "Margot!". Alex looked at Margot who blushed, muttering she didn't want to be Margot tonight. the short pause was immediately followed by another round of near violent sounding bangs against the door. When they stopped, August opened the door with a smile. Perfectly relaxed and unbothered by this rude man. "I'm sorry, how can I help you?" He asked, tone perfectly polite and nonchalant.

Revealing a sunburned, local boy who looked like he had steam coming out his ears. An emotion only made stronger as August looked more annoyed to be awoken than intimidated as was his intention. "Margot!" The rude knocker called, anger clear in his voice, body language and stance. "Margot are you fucking in here?" The guy yelled again from the hallway, causing a scene. "Fucking slut, Daryl told me he saw you come up here." August did hate rude assholes and having his sleep interrupted without good cause.

August had the man pinned against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway in an instant. "As you can hear from the silence, there is no one here for you. Leave. Now. And there will be no consequences." August told the local boy Maggie clearly wanted to avoid interacting with.

August gave a chance, and the asshole did not take it. When August lowered the idiot causing him to stumble back onto his own feet. The fool made the bad choice to swing a punch at August. Fool August once, shame on you. Never would there be a second. Alex had landed one blind punch on their first ride. August was forever waiting after that.

August easily caught the human's fist in his own hand. Squeezing down just hard enough to strain the bones without completely breaking any. At least nothing more serious than a hairline fracture. "I hate repeating myself." August growled, polite did not work. Thankfully, August had other options available.

The other man looked at August with eyes that were full of rage and hate. "Margot you're a whore! The whole fucking down knows it!" The man called. Alex holding Maggie in his arm as the poor girl trembled in fear. "What's your ma gonna think when she hears she raised up the town bicycle!" August closed the door as the intruder made his exit.

Returning to the bed. Maggie breaking down in sobs. "Want me to go hit him just once?" Alex offered, half as joke, half dead serious. Tears and violence was not what was supposed to be on the menu tonight. Alex immediately went hands off when his joke did not lighten the mood and Maggie did not acquiesce to the offer of laying a smack down on her ex. Meaning August had to step up. Taking Maggie under his own arms, as Alex rolled over going to sleep again. Facing away from the others. August listened to Maggie cry and apologize and lament her life until the sun rose again. August took her back to her parents home. Waiting long enough to be certain that she was somewhere safe before returning to the hotel.

Alex allowed him an extra hour of sleep before shaking him awake saying they needed to hit the road again. Alex urging his brother to get up and get ready quickly. Impatiently waiting by the door to the hotel room as August got himself ready for another day on the road.

At first August had been cranky over his lack of sleep and how Alex was rushing him to get out the door while he was still half asleep. As his brain went from foggy sleepiness to fully awake, he could feel what Alex was feeling. A feeling very much like the calling that sent them all over the map on back roads, felt stronger. More insistent.

Once August was ready, Alex was practically vibrating. "You feel it too?" He asked his brother. Feeling like he had been very generous to let August sleep a whole hour when everything in Alex's body was telling him they needed to be on the road and moving towards whatever it was that had been calling out to them for years.

August nodded. "What do you think it means?" The subtle urge had only ever appeared when they were driving, a gentle suggestion of what direction to seek. It had been the same for years. This was the first time it had felt different.

Alex shrugged, closing the hotel door and heading down to the lobby together to check out. "No idea, feels like my skin is itching to get on the road though." August nodded, he felt the same.

The twins checked out, and shoved their overnight supplies back into the saddle bags on their motorcycles. Glad that they had each other and were having the same experience. Both did not know what they would do if they were alone with the strange, persistent feeling that they had never been able to explain.

The bikes roared to life for a short drive to a cafe for a hurried brunch. The twins drove through lunch to make up for their late start today. In all their years following the mysterious calling, they had never once been pulled towards any large cities. It had always been rural areas, back roads, and places with very low population densities.

This time, they were being called towards a main highway, on a direct path to a reasonably sized city. Both wolves were eager, pushing themselves to drive hard and fast. However the end of the day found them still seeking.

After their busy night, and long day on the road they were exhausted. They knew what they were seeking wasn't in this city, but at least there would be a chance to enjoy some excellent food, and maybe some decent nightlife to keep themselves distracted until they could hit the road tomorrow morning. There was a Black Resorts hotel in this city, having grown up with one down the road from the pack, the twins were eager to see what would be available at the exclusive paranormal resort.

August and Alex pulled into the resorts covered circular drive. The valet indicating there were small unused motorcycle parking spots just off to the side. The twins parked and grabbed what they needed from the bikes, heading to check in. A dragon was working the front desk. "Ah, Misters Greenrivers, a pleasure as always to have partners come to stay." Alex and August tried to hide how disconcerting it was to know a dragon was stalking about in their thoughts as the dragon typed out on the computer.

August was about to request a room for the evening, when they dragon interjected, "I've had a suite made ready for your arrival, please enjoy your stay." Handing over two key cards to the two flustered twins. Trying to stumble out a thanks as they checked the keys for the room number. Tenth floor, not quite the penthouse, but in the VIP locked out zone that required a keycard access.

The dragon smiled to himself. The delicious looking twins were a treat in this quiet city. It wasn't often that well bred unmated Alpha wolves show up unannounced, let alone an attractive pair who did not mind sharing. Had more than generous reputations among the succubi of the resorts. He began to spread the gossip around the hotel staff. It had been an exceptionally boring week, and he was in the mood to stir up some fun or trouble for no other reason than to amuse himself.