Chapter 5

Honestly idek what im doing. Also insight on most of the girls is in this chapt :) btw the voice in her head is like half Jane from the past half Jane from the future, is that weird?
Btw there are songs that I personally see she would like, some that are relatable to her and etc. I'll add the songs at the end.

A knock on the door woke me up. I sit up and call out, "come in!" Clockwork, Sally, and a few other girls come in. "Hey Jane!"

"Hi."

"Did you just wake up?" She laughs and I nod. I brush my fingers through my hair, fixing it. Sally walks over to me and climbs up on the bed beside me. "Jane! I got a new toy!" She holds up a baby doll. "It looks just like you, Sally," she smiles and I look back over to Clockwork.

"Oh, let me introduce you, this is Laughing Jill," she points to the black and white colored clown beside her, "Nina," she points to the girl I seen earlier. "Last but not least, this is Zero," she points to the last girl, who is also black and white. I wave and they wave back at me. "Well, I'm Jane." Jill and Zero say hi but Nina stays quiet.

She knows how Jeff feels about you, she's probably angry.

"So, do you like anybody yet?" Jill asks with excitement. I laugh and shake my head no, liar. "I haven't met many guys, so far only three," Jill nods. "Do y'all?" Nina's face turns a light shade of pink, but she doesn't speak. I already know. "Well, I have a boyfriend, he's name is Laughing Jack," Jill says. "Aw, that's cute."

"Yeah, it's such a coincidence," she laughs. "Maybe I'll get to meet him soon."

Nina mumbles something inaudible and Clockwork looks at her for a moment. "You can speak up, Nina, we're not going to judge you," she whispers to Nina. Nina inhales and swallows a lump in her throat. "I'm... kind of stuck in between who I like right now." The others look at her, confused, but I'm not quite shocked. I'd like to know who else is on her mind. "Oh, you've got to tell us, Nina!" Sally yells excitedly. "You can't tell anyone..." We all nod, promising to not say anything. "Well, I'm sure you know who, but I like EJ too," she says, looking at her feet. "Who is that?" I ask. "Have you seen the guy with the blue mask?" Clockwork asks me.

I know he likes her, it was obvious this morning when she hugged Jeff. He looked hurt. He likes her too.

"Oh, that's him," she nods. "Jack is sweet and he's comforting, and he actually cares for me... unlike you know who," she sounds like she's about to cry. "Maybe you should talk to him," I offer. She covers her face and I stand to hug her. "Maybe your right,"

"I've known Jeff since I was fourteen, he's never been affectionate, really only showing it for Liu. I think EJ will make you happy, that's what's important, right?" The others agree, except Sally, she doesn't really understand what is going on. She's too young too, anyway. "She's right, Nina," Clockwork says. I step away and smile under my mask. "Okay, we're going to leave you alone, Jane," Clockwork smiles and puts an arm around Nina. Nina calms down and they leave.

"Jane, could you come play with me in my room? I have a bunch of toys we can play with," Sally asks. "Sure," we leave my room and walk toward the stairs.

We pass Jeff's room and I see Smile laying at the door, pouting. "Hold on, Sally," I stop walking and knock on the door.

A few minutes later Jeff opens the door, his hair was a mess and he looked tired. "What do you want?" His voice is groggy, he probably just woke up. "Smile wanted in," I say and look down at Smile, his tail is wagging, happy for attention. Sally hugs my legs and stared at Jeff. Jeff patted her head and Smile's ears droop. Jeff rolls his eyes and pats Smile on his head too. "Alright, come on, Smile," Smile happily walks into the room and flops down into a corner. "Thanks for letting me know, or whatever," I nod and turn around. I can feel his eyes on me as we walk down the hallway. I hear the door shut as we were walking down the stairs.