2 • Wedding

MarcelToday is my brother's wedding

Marcel
Today is my brother's wedding. They're getting married on a bridge that has a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower.

Marcel : Hannah?

Marcel
I immediately spotted the beauty I met days ago. I went up to her. I'm assuming she went shopping. She's carrying a few bags.

Hannah : Oh hello! Amazing to find you here.
Marcel : My brother is getting married on the bridge.
Hannah : Oh romantic! I'm sure it's very girl's dream to get married in Paris.
Marcel : Is it not yours?
Hannah : I want to get married in Italy.
Marcel : You deserve that and more.
Hannah : You're very sweet.
Marcel : Do you want to come to the wedding? It's a small ceremony.
Hannah : Oh that's sweet of you. Are you sure? They don't know me and I don't know them. I don't think I'm dressed for a wedding.
Marcel : You look beautiful Hannah. Come with me.
Hannah : Oh alright.

Bella : You look so beautiful Charlotte.
Charlotte : Merci Bella but I'm very nervous.
Bella : No need to! My brother loves you very much. Everything will be great.
Charlotte : Merci.

Marcel : Mom, dad, I want you to meet a friend I made recently. Her name is Hannah. Elaine and Joel, my parents.
Elaine : Oh lovely to meet you!
Joel : Welcome.
Hannah : Thank you! Nice to meet you both.
Bella : The officiant is here.

Elaine : Joel...
Joel : Yes love?
Elaine : Doesn't she look familiar?
Joel : I don't remember ever meeting her.
Elaine : I don't either but she reminds me of someone. I just can't figure it out.
Joel : The ceremony is starting.

Officiant : Dearly beloved, we meet here today to witness a sacred ceremony: the union of Dion and Charlotte. With great reverence, we come together to celebrate the love and devotion shared by these two children. We are especially blessed to be joined today by family and friends. The Groom and Bride are honored you could be here to participate in this important occasion.

Over the course of their relationship, and have developed a strong bond based on shared values and mutual respect. With a solid foundation from which to grow, they have made the decision to take the oath of marriage and spend the rest of their lives together.

If anyone has cause to object to the forming of this union, speak now or forever hold your peace.

                       ............

I invite you to express your sacred vows to one another. Please face each other as you declare these vows in the presence of your family and friends.

Dion : I, Dion, take you, Charlotte, to be my lawfully wedded Wife. I promise to keep you by my side through good times and bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part.
Charlotte : I, Charlotte, take you, Dion, to be my lawfully wedded husband. I promise to keep you by my side through good times and bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part.
Officiant : Dion, do you take Charlotte to be your lawfully wedded Wife? Do you promise to support her completely and love her unconditionally, so long as you both shall live?
Dion : I do.
Officiant : Charlotte, do you take Dion to be your lawfully wedded Husband? Do you promise to support him completely and love him unconditionally, so long as you both shall live?
Charlotte : I do.
Officiant : It is now time to exchange the rings. The circle formed by each ring is a symbol of your love and eternal commitment to each other. May these rings remind you always of these sacred promises you've made to each other today in the company of your family and friends.
Dion : I give you this ring as a symbol of my love, commitment, and the eternal vows we have made today to each other. With this ring, I thee wed.
Charlotte : I give you this ring as a symbol of my love, commitment, and the eternal vows we have made today to each other. With this ring, I thee wed.
Officiant : By the power vested in me, by the city of Paris, I pronounce you, as Husband and Wife, lawfully wedded! You may kiss!