CHAPTER 18

Arrow walked from his bedroom on the third floor to his throne room on the first floor, which was hidden behind a double black oak door.

  He moved the hefty doors open and went inside. There stood four superior vampires waiting for him. They called him for a meeting.

  Everyone stood quiet as he approached a round table with five chairs arranged around it in the room's southern corner. He turned the corner to take a seat, his jacket brushing against the grey metal table. He took a seat at the end of the table in his tall chair. Everyone else followed.

  With a sigh, Arrow looked around the room. If they are calling for a meeting, this can't be good, thought to himself, Arrow, observing the anxious and irritated looks on the faces of the superiors.

  "She is getting out of control, Arrow. We need to do something."

  "I fucking know," Arrow said, squeezing his eyes with his thumb and index finger in frustration.

  Arrow wanted to give Elyse the benefit of the doubt and put his trust in her. Even if she betrayed him, he would be okay with that as long as she stayed by his side. But he had to prevent her from causing others to doubt his authority.

  He sighed in frustration once more.

  "She wasn't supposed to kill Leon," chimed in another superior.

  Arrow gave her a death glare. They were saying things he already knew, and it angered him.

  "Clank" He slammed the metal table. Then he exclaimed, "Shut up, you stupid bitch! You think I'm that stupid and don't know what's happening myself?"

  There was silence throughout the room. They respected Arrow, yet they were scared of him.

  There was an air of tension in the room. The superiors felt uneasy when they saw Arrow become so angry.

  "Do you think she could have gone against you? Maybe that's why she has no information on the Agency?" finally, asked one of the superiors.

  Arrow exhaled angrily and said, "I don't know what the fuck is up with her, but I don't think she would be bold enough to do something like that. She thinks that I am keeping her sister alive, so if she disobeys me, her sister will die."

  "But..." Arrow was interrupted by a superior.

  "Obviously, she's long dead. But Elyse doesn't know that," he rolled his eyes.

  "Well. don't you think she could have figured it out by now?" asked one of the superiors in a demanding tone one, "It's been over a year and she hasn't really seen her sister alive."

  "Even if she has, she is good at keeping herself composed," answered Arrow.

  "Maybe one of us should pay her a visit, talk to her? She couldn't kill any of us, she is way too weak," the superior woman spoke once again.

  "Are you stupid? She killed Leon, he was one of the vampires closest to us power-wise. She clearly has something up her sleeve," in an anxious voice said another superior.

  "Who are you calling stupid, huh? I'm trying to offer solutions, so shit like that doesn't happen again."

  "Enough!" Arrow slammed his hands on the table as he stood up.

  When someone behaved that way around him, he detested it. People who were unable to control their emotions were something he could not stand.

  "I'll fucking deal with it. So just shut the fuck up, all of you are annoying."

  Arrow said that in a downgrading tone.

  Arrow constantly belittled the superior vampires, which infuriated them, but they still feared him. They respected and admired him for giving them a luxurious life and the gift of immortality without any consequences.

  That night Arrow decided to visit Elyse in her apartment. He was done waiting.

  Elyse's behavior and lack of information were making him grow even more impatient.

  He was angry at Elyse, but at the same time, he wanted to see her. He missed her after not seeing her for a few weeks.