CHAPTER 10

"Mom? Dad?" Subconsciously, Elyse muttered. The horrific scene from nearly ten years ago returned to haunt her; she saw her adoptive parents' lifeless bodies in a pool of their blood, lying on the ground.

  Elyse could not believe what she was seeing. Their parents only wanted to take them back to New York City to visit Lesley's and Darryl's graves. This proved to be a grave mistake as they were tracked down by vampires.

  It appeared to Elyse at that moment that she was the only rational member of the family because she knew that if they returned to the vampire-infested city, bad things might happen. Despite her protests and calls for greater caution, the majority prevailed.

  "You really shouldn't have come back," a pale, dark-haired man whose aura radiated terror and fear said, as if reading her thoughts.

  The man who had killed her parents a decade prior was standing in front of Elyse when she opened her eyes. She struggled to find the strength to stand up.

  "You," she muttered, feeling weak. This time Elyse did not have any strength to run. She was struck in the head hard. Elyse saw droplets of blood running down her face.

  "Where is Chelsea?" Thought to herself Elyse and began frantically looking around the room. She noticed her unconscious twin sister lying a few meters away from her.

  "Chelsea. Chelsea, wake up!" Gathering her last bit of strength shouted Elyse to her sister.

  "Don't worry, she's not dead." Chelsea was lying on her belly, just like Elyse struck in the head when the man approached her and gave her a soft kick that turned her entire body to her back. He simply laughed, mocking Elyse and Chelsea, "She's just knocked out."

  This vampire man had no regard for other life, even other vampires that he created himself. He was pure evil and found it amusing seeing someone weaker suffering.

  Elyse and Chelsea were transported to an unknown location as Elyse was drifting in and out of consciousness while Chelsea stayed unconscious throughout the ride. From what Elyse could see, the place was dark and scary, yet somehow elegant.

  "Take them to the room in the basement," ordered the vampire man to one of his minions. Elyse tried to fight back, not wanting to go anywhere, but it was all in vain - they were vampires, they were so much stronger than her seventeen-year-old self.

  The girls were put in a quite dark but spacious and clean room. It had bars on it with a lock as if it was a prison cell.

  Elyse could not understand why this was happening or why the man targeted them again. "It's just a coincidence, right?" Kept thinking to herself, Elyse. Her only concern was making sure her younger sister was alright, regardless of how fatigued and hurt she was.

  "Chelsea, are you okay? Please wake up," once left alone in that dark room crawled to her sister Elyse. She kept moving her, trying to wake her up.

  After some nudging Chelsea woke up, confused and scared. Elyse did try to comfort her and make her feel a little bit more at ease.

  "Are they going to kill us?" Terrified asked Chelsea.

  Elyse let out a sigh and took in the boring room's grey concrete walls and flooring.

  "Honestly, I don't know, Chelsea." Elyse looked down in despair and then tightly grabbed Chelsea's shoulders, "But I promise, I will do everything in my power to get us out of here, I will not let them hurt you."

  Elyse was sure that they just wanted to keep them for feeding. Nothing more.