7. The Good-Looking Actor's Moody Wife (End)

"You're leaving now?"

"Yes... " Chun Lele leaned back down on the chair and grabbed the tiny pink backpack, bringing it up to his shoulder with one hand while his other arm carried A-Li, who's currently leaning onto her mother's shoulder and suckling into a milk-strawberry juice box. "A-Li's already sleepy. She yawned just now. "

Pei Du glanced at A-Li, who returned his look with wide and huge doe eyes, definitely not droopy. "I... I don't think she's sleepy.... "

"But she still yawned! " Chun Lele huffed. "Right A-Li?"

A-Li who's still sipping on the juice box, silently stared back at Chun Lele: ".... ?"

Pei Du grabbed his shoulders and began to  begged. “Please, stay.... I might be unable to see you guys for the next following days... The Director wanted to binge film the other two episodes since we only have a few episodes left, which just suddenly made him restless so we're currently very busy right now.... "

"Then we really should be leaving now so we won't bother you." Chun Lele tried to shake the other's hands away.

"No! You and A-Li will never be a bother to me!"

And so we'll wait for you and keep watching you being intimate with the man who low-key annoyed me today?! Chun Lele huffed, feeling down-right pained, but he still couldn't expose his internal troubles to his husband either.

While he was tending to Qiu Xing's make-up an hour ago, the other had uttered so much unobtrusive rude words to him, he resisted his urge to yank the other's hair out and slam his head on the mirror!

'Have you ever thought of how you might not deserve Pei-gege? Well I do think you would. Pei-gege is too perfect, I would even feel unworthy of his love if he ever fell in love with me! Haha!~'

'A-Li is really adorable, she resembled a lot like Pei-gege. His genes were really strong! Ah, if only I could give birth to Pei-gege's child as well, I'd be the luckiest wife in the world with a very pretty child! Mr. Lele, aren't you so lucky?'

This person couldn't even hide his desperation of wanting to steal his husband away from him! If only he wasn't being paid from doing Qiu Xing's makeup today.....  If only he wasn't being paid....

Chun Lele suddenly blurted. "When are you taking a break from filming?"

Pei Du was stunned.

"Does Lele want me to stop?"

Chun Lele immediately shook his head, hurriedly denying. "What do you mean I'm stopping you? No one's stopping you! I'm only asking about your break...."

Pei Du fell silent for a while, then he began to rub Chun Lele's shoulder, smiling wryly. "Did something happen with Qiu Xing?"

Chun Lele started looking around.

"Lele."

Chun Lele pursed his lips. "Why not?"

"What did he do?" Pei Du's face slowly became rigid.

Chun Lele sighed. "Forget it... You're still working with him."

"But that doesn't mean I have to be in a good relationship with him the next time we see each other. " Pei Du started gripping the Omega's arms as he stared earnestly at his mate's face.

"Lele... I'm just an actor. I've always.... only done my best to disregard my personal impressions towards every actor I acted with, right as soon as the camera's were on. Although him offending my beloved wife never affected me amidst filming, I would never be able to regain my relationship with him the next time we meet... So you don't have to worry about me.... Like always."

Chun Lele pouted. "I know... I just want to grow up .... I have to learn to endure c-coexisting with whoever you charmed next......"

"But I was not even charming them!"

"I know! .... I trust you."

"Lele...." Pei Du laughed. "You're not an actor, neither you're aiming to be one. I'm the actor. I'm the one who should learn how to grow up, not you. If you dislike any of my co-actors, feel free to curse at them, and degrade them to me. I wouldn't mind, I'd even side with you. You're my wife after all and I love you..."

Chun Lele started turning pink. He immediately buried his head beneath his little daughter's neck, pulled away from Pei Du's touch and turned his back to him. A-Li, who was ignorant of what was happening around her, started giggling as she felt her mother's hair brushing to her skin and tickling her. Her arms started hugging Chun Lele's head, squealing sweetly and happily.

Pei Du also began laughing, amused and endeared by his wife's actions. Immediately, he approached Chun Lele and tightly embraced him from behind, brushing his lips on the other's flushed nape- kissing it, then to the back of his ears, then lastly to his mate's soft cheeks, before he also did the same to his squealing little daughter and started tickling her.

Chun Lele shivered, nearly dropping to the ground.

Suddenly, Huang Lu's exasperated voice rang out behind them.

"Aii, Mr. Pei. I would gladly turn a blind eye to your lovey-dovey flirtings if only the Director finally let us home, but he's currently hot headed today because Mr. Qiu is being 'pessimistic' again and said he couldn't properly act out his lines because you're not there yet..."

Pei Du groaned, still not releasing Chun Lele from his hold, instead, he started leaning his chin on his mate's shoulders, embracing him a lot tighter. "He offended Lele today... Let him 'suffer' there for a while..."

Huang Lu sighed wearily. "Then I can't go back there now..... The Director is scary as hell right now..."

"We'll video call you as soon as we got home so just go back there..!" Chun Lele slapped Pei Du's forearms, squirming to make him release himself.

"Really?" Pei Du perked up.

"Really! Now go!"

"Promise?"

"Yes!"

Finally, Pei Du removed his arms around him, then suddenly, he pecked Chun Lele's lips before moving away, and turning to his manager. "Could you escort them out and help them look for his sister? I think they came here with her..."

Huang Lu nodded. "All right, as long as I'm not going back there yet."

Then Pei Du started running off, smiling still, as he madly waved his arms. "Love you! Daddy loves you too A-Li! Muah! Muah!~"

A-Li started bouncing from her mother's arm, giggling and mimicking her father's movements.

Chun Lele, who stood motionlessly as he held the excited A-Li in his arms and watched his husband run off to the set, slowly raised a hand and waved his hand as well.

"I love you too."

[ End ]

•~•

A/N:
Thank you so so much for reading, and giving your love and support to this short story!~
I had mindlessly decided on this story,  until writing Chun Lele, Pei Du and their daughter A-Li became one of the best things that happened in my life~~╰⁠(⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠´⁠꒳⁠'⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠⸝⁠)⁠╯

I'm currently thinking of another short story to write and add to this book. Though I can't guarantee I'll be writing it and posting it anytime soon as I've been quite busy these days, I'll try to make time for it~ Please do look forward to it! ෆ⁠╹⁠ ⁠.̮⁠ ⁠╹⁠ෆ