4. When the Hero can't kill the Villain (End)

A/N: Wrote this in one night~~ It's a one-shot, in which I used the 'Hero x Villain' AU heavily inspired by Pinterest.

I kind of wanted to write another similar AU in the future, a better version! I'm recently into those kinds of AUs hehe~

Hopefully you will enjoy~ (⁠●❤️∀❤️)

P.S
Will change the title if I managed to think of a better one. It's currently 2 am, so I have to sleep now.... •́⁠ ⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠,⁠•̀

(English is not my first language ^^)

•~•

Thick clouds of dark smoke drifted gracefully on the bloodied and filthy ground, as though it was dancing — worshiping — whilst it surrounded the regal figure of the tall, young man in an armor-gilded outfit.

The man's fist currently held a long, sharp sword, dripping with blood. His eyelashes were trembling, his mouth pursed apprehensively as his two pairs of blue eyes stared at the man - who used to have stood so tall with pride and elegance - now sprawled on the ground with dirtied clothes and his skin scratched with sword injuries. He watched the face of that man, the face that never failed to make his knees go numb everytime he sees them, looking so delicate and bewitching- now ruined with smudged blood and wounds covering his forehead and cheeks.

He watched, as the other man's pair of glassy dark eyes stared back at him with a dull look. As though it had already given up life.

Xiavier Chappelle, as the sharp point of his sword faced the eyes of the other man, he clenched his teeth, his heart squeezing in pain. Luckily he currently had his back facing his three companions behind, who are also not looking better than the man in front of him. Two of them were a pair of young man and young woman, arms of his old Mentor weaklessly hanging on their shoulder for support. Xavier couldn't see their faces, but they neither could see his. At least they wouldn't see how he looked right now.

"Xavier," softly uttered his already weakened old Mentor, "What are you still.... dawdling about?"

Xavier gritted his teeth, and forced his foot to take a two steps forward in front of the man.

His old Mentor urged, "Kill... Kill the Demon's heir..."

Xavier breath hitched, his blue eyes flickering, yet he still adjusted his hold for the hilt of his sword so that the blade were now positioned at the bottom of his pinky, looking like he's about to stab with a knife.

His old Mentor, although already losing half of his blood, still has keen eyes and senses.

If Xavier were to struck his sword at the man's shoulder blade, the old man will know, even if he were to pretend and struck 4 centimeters near the position of this man's heart, the old man will still know. He will know that Xavier is trying to free the so-called Demon's heir.

After all, he couldn't kill the man. Even if his old Mentor says so, the old man who have been taking care of him as a child; even if his loyal confidants and childhood friend urged him, he'd rather betray their trust than kill this man.

He could sense something. During the 28 years of his life, his old Mentor had taught him and assisted him to open the vents of both his external and internal senses for 19 years. He could clearly- obviously sense a warm and gentle light coming from the man in front of him. It was strong, fervent and enticing, as though there's a red thread pulling him towards that light, and Xavier.... felt like allowing himself get lured by that light.

Why wouldn't he? That light is a life. A very young life. It was inside that Demon's heir.

He only sensed this while he was fighting with the Demon's heir, but his old Mentor had long found out about this. Right before the war had begun, Xavier had seen his Mentor staring at the figure of the Demon's heir from above. Flame ablazing within his narrowed eyes, and his face had turned dark. He had vaguely heard him say, 'There'd be an impending disaster....'