My sweet obsession

Start from the beginning

...

I buried my face in the pillow as I crouched my body into a ball.

"This family is shit," I whispered to myself as the memories of my second life flooded my mind. I wouldn't say that life was perfect. But nothing is perfect, and in that sense, my life with my modern world family was indeed perfect.

It had its ups and downs but during all the bad times I had my family with me. All the good times are supposed to be joyous but the bad ones were warm too.

"I miss them,"

I miss our time together.

All those little surprises.

All those fights and bickering.

All that sneaking out

All that bantering and joking

And...

All those warm meals... I always had a meal waiting for me at home.

Even when I was late and came back home at almost midnight, homemade food was there for me on the dining table, under the hot blanket.

If anyone in my family had heard me entering, they would come to check on me.

Whether it was my mom, dad or my little brother.

They would come out yawning and rubbing their eyes saying something like, 'You're finally back,' Mom and Dad would pause and look at the clock, then gasp.

I would immediately start eating while they came and slapped my back for staying out so late saying things like, 'You rascal! Can't you see what time it is!? Huh!?' Their slaps never hurt, rather it served as a good massage but I presented that they were hurting me, so that they wouldn't stop.

I sniffled as a slight sad chuckle escaped my lips

My little brother though, he was like a partner in crime. He was usually up past midnight too and sometimes he was hungry at that time as well. And he would eat another dinner with me.

My eyes stung as the loneliness crept in. My chest felt constricted.

We used to fight so much over the food. It was mine but he always forced some onto his plate, especially the nights we had fried chicken. We both were suckers for fried chicken.

I sniffled

But my family here sucks. I can't even call them 'family'

I want to go back

I want to leave

This place is so cold and cruel! Why did God do this to me! Why!?!?

...

I'm all alone here... Absolutely alone,

There was a knock on the door

!!!

It made me jump and sit up.

"My Lady, I'm coming in," It was Hael's voice and it sent me in a panic. I quickly wiped my cheeks and got up from the bed as he opened the door. I turned the other way and began to walk towards the table and chairs by the window.

"Why are you here?" My voice came out a little weird so I cleared my throat and set my dress.

"I brought you some soup." His words made me pause right when I was about to sit down and I looked back at him.

Time seemed to slow down as I watched him come closer with the tray of food in his hands. His action wasn't anything out of the ordinary yet for me, Corvina, it was extraordinary.

I watched him sparkle as he brought the food over and placed it on the table.

"You should eat," He said and my heartbeat began to accelerate, "You haven't eaten anything the whole day,"

My chest squeezed to the point where it almost felt painful but the feeling of utter loneliness seemed to have subsided. On the contrary, it was replaced by an ignition of desire.

"Sit," He gestured with his hand, "If you don't eat you'll get sick." I couldn't take my eyes off of him. The whole mansion is busy with Hubert, they don't pay attention to me normally, so of course today I wouldn't exist for anyone.

All except him.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He stared back at me, "Why do you keep looking at me?"

This is why I grew so obsessed with him. He hated me, yet at the same time he was always there at the right time. I turned my head and looked at the thick soup in front of me.

Only him

My one and only sweet obsession.