Chapter 9

Aside from having to wear flowers and the constant accidental nudity, life was actually pretty great. She had food, water, shelter and flowers. What more could a fairy need?

It had been several times more difficult trying to cope with the long voyages in space. Wormholes did open a portal bridging light years of distance, but traveling through them to the closest civilizations took days at best, years on average.

The Viper Merchants had smaller rigs, but they made a pretty penny. So they were comfortable enough. The hard part was your brain operating at light speed without rest and your body always rearing to go. But then again, being stuck on one planet would've been worse. Getting two hours of sleep a day was a fairy tale.

Speaking of fairies, ours was asleep in her flower bed. Her mind was unprecedentedly peaceful and her body naturally relaxed. Her great mental strength and support, Sher, was also by her side. She would easily sleep for more than ten hours everyday.

She couldn't have asked for more. Alright, maybe she could've asked for some mana crystals, chocolate, ice cream and maybe a cute little cat. Scratch the last one out, she would only end up as cat chum.

She shivered, opened her eyes and yawned. The entire hollow seemed to come alive when she did. She had toured the island and observed as all kinds of plants and trees popped up all over the place. It had basically turned into a magical forest in less than a week. The entire island was awash with vibrant color and she was on cloud nine.

Plenty of fruit trees and herbs found on Gaia grew behind Sher's hollow. It was a well-organised garden that covered around ten acres and everything grew lush and big.

She discovered that she rather preferred the sweeter fruits to the bland vegetables. Perhaps it was because she couldn't cook, but that didn't stop her from munching it all down. She even practiced her space ability. The gigantic fruits and vegetables were just the right size to store at a time.

The one thing she really wanted, but couldn't manage to eat was sugarcane. It smelled so sweet but the exterior was too hard for her to get through. However, flower nectar and Sher's clear grapes remained unmatched in her heart.

Long green uniform grass and flowers grew on the forest floor that covered the rest of the remaining land. The lush green trees left a narrow path that stretched in front of Sher's hollow and split through the forest. A small stream flowed on the East side of the island, arising from a waterfall in the Northern region.

The sight was incredible, especially at night. Arim had no moon, so it should have been complete and utter darkness but it wasn't so. Pink and white illusory butterflies came alive at night. The entire island was already sparkling softly with silver fairy dust, but wherever the butterflies passed also lit up in radiant colors. The sound of the crashing waves beneath them was the icing on the cake.

Of course, a couple of trees stood out more than the rest in the forest, and the most outstanding of all was Sher. She finally acknowledged how disproportionate her view was due to her small size. Sher's hollow was actually half as big as a football field, not as big as one, and the whole tree was about seven hundred feet tall.

Seven similar trees also stood out. Their leaves were pure white like Sher's but they had brown barks like the native trees on Gaia. They were the same species as Sher at a glance. She had explored them all to find that although they were smaller than Sher and had no ponds, they also grew meadows, white vines and clear grapes in their hollows. And their vines didn't move about like tentacles.

She stayed in Amir for three months, playing in the enchanting forest. She also toured Arim on Sher island but there was really nothing much to see. There was no life in the open water and only the constant rainfall and huge waves were a little interesting.

She appeared with the floating island back above the snowy and icy plains. It was morning, but thick nimbus clouds dotted the horizon and framed the transparent spherical barrier around the island.

She got out of her flower bed, dived in the pool, wore a her flower outfit and ate two bunches of grapes and a pear. She then flew towards the edge of the floating island, following the path between the trees. It ended at a raised clearing some distance away from the ledge, and clearly had a better vantage point.

She observed the landscape beneath her. Ice-capped mountain peaks broke the white monotony before them. She could see a turbulent snowstorm far into the North and the frosty mountain ranges outlining the South.

She urged Sher to move in the direction of the mountain ranges. There had to be something on this planet. The island moved South West for eight days before she finally spotted a coniferous forest.

Miranda was overjoyed. The floating island wasn't slow by any means and they had covered a great distance. She was starting to wonder just how big this world was. They forged ahead, looking for the right place to touch down when she noticed a conspicuous cave embedded on a lofty mountain.

She excitedly had Sher lower the island next to the mountain. She had it stop, hovering a few metres above the tree tops so as not to destroy the forest. The winds generated by the movement, blew the snow out and away from the area for miles.

She looked at the mountain that stood several metres away. Cold biting winds blew in the rift between them. Moving any lower or closer would crash the ecosystem below. She looked at her body clad in flimsy delicate flowers and sighed. How was she supposed to get to the cave?

She waited for Sher's response. It always seemed to have a solution, but there was only silence this time... sorry, there were no mental pictures. The silence was always there.

She stared at the dark cave mouth longingly for a while and then flew back to Sher. She alighted on the highest branch and looked over her garden and the forest. It was better to start with the garden. She knew she had seen something she could use there.

She flew and teleported all over the garden before finding what she was looking for at the far edge, blending into the forest. Hovering before a patch of cotton shrubs, she gave herself a pat on the back. They would have to do. It shouldn't be that hard to make some modest cotton fabric, right? Even pure humans could do it.

~°*°~

Please vote and comment :)