Chapter 13: The Office of New Beginnings

Levi: "Come in," he said from his spot at his desk.

I walked into the office, looking around as I closed the door. It was an all-wooden room, with wooden floors and walls, colored dark brown with accents of caramel brown like the color of my skin. I wondered if these colors calmed him like the way the color steel blue calmed me. It would make sense because I now know the reason that color calmed me was because it was the color of his eyes. The only color that would calm me for the rest of my days. Hopefully.

The side of the room by the door was lined with bookshelves, carrying more than 100 books of various kinds. On the right wall as a long blue sofa, the same color of his eyes but accented with golden rivets and legs. On the left wall was a door to what I assumed was his bedroom as well as a small golden cart for alcohol and tea. The cart held a wine decanter and a bottle of golden-brown liquid as well as a self-heating tea kettle and a small box of tea bags and another for loose tea leaves.

On the opposite wall to the door was his desk, made of golden colored wood. His desk was stacked with neat piles of paperwork almost 2 feet tall, with a small pen organizer. His chair was red leather with golden rivets and black wheels on the bottom.

And there he was, sitting on the chair peacefully doing his papers. His golden pen signing his name at the bottom of every milky-white piece pf paper, with every stroke. He sat there in al his glory, clad in a crisp button down and charcoal black pants. His sleeves were cuffed perfectly and buttoned with silver cufflinks and his hands adorned with a sliver band on his first and ring finger on his left hand.

His hair was neatly brushed and hung down on the sides of his face while his neck was slightly bent to look at his papers. His glasses sat on the bridge of his nose making him look distinguished. He looked down at his sliver watch and then placed his pen down.

Levi: "You've been looking around this room and staring at me for more than 5 minutes. Are you planning on killing me or is there something on my face?," he joked before looking up at me and leaning back in his chair. "Please, have a seat," he said gesturing to the seat across from his desk.

I sat down in the chairs which matched the sofa to my right, and crossed my legs, right over left.

Mya: "I apologize I know staring is rude its just... I had and office that looked like this once. Minus the blue accents," I smiled to myself as I remember the office Frankie, Teddy and Peter designed for me back in the Penthouse.

Levi: "Really?," he asked as he moved from his chair to the one matching mine on my left. He crossed his left leg over his right and keened to his right to get just an inch closer to me. "And what office might that be?"

Mya: "Well I'm not from here... you could say I came from the underground city but I'm not even from there. When I made my way up here after 6 years, I worked my ass of to get money. And when I got a nice place from the people who helped me, they gave me an office like this. Filled with books and papers and that same cart. I have the same cart," I laughed as I looked at the cart of alcohol. He gave a small chuckle and took his glasses off, hooking them on his shirt pocket before fixing his cravat, with his slender fingers.

Levi: "You're from the underground?," he asked shocked as he looked back at me with those stormy blue eyes.

Mya: "You could say that...I wasn't born there but I spent most of my life in that dirty ass place. Why?," I asked looking back at him as I ran my left pointer finger over the swirling golden rivets of the chair's arm.

Levi: "I was born and raised there," he whispered. "It was hell but it was all I knew until Erwin got me out 4 years ago and straightened me out. I owe that man my life," he said looking out of the windows behind his desk and stacks of papers.