Chapter 12: Armless Brother and Star Crossed Lovers

Running. I've been running most of my life. Running away. Running to save. Running to protect. Now I was running out of my office and to my room, to pack a bag to be by my brother's side.

Erwin is now in the infirmary at Scouts HQ and he was missing an arm. At least that's what Commander Pixis said over the phone. As I ran, I mind linked Jay to tell him what happened to our dumbass of a brother. He created a portal to his room and began packing. Neither of us cared how our bags looked or how neatly they were packed. We just focused on getting to Erwin as fast as possible.

Sebastian stood in the closet next to me folding my clothes at rapid speed, while I threw them at him.

Mya: "What if he's dying and I don't get there in time? What if he's bleeding out and the infirmary is not equipped to handle it and they don't have his blood type or something?," I babbled on, frantically as I threw mix-matched clothes, shoes and other items to wear at the helpless butler who was folding as fast as he could. The last thing I threw into the bag of unruly items was the grayish blue blanket Erwin got me to calm me down. Today I'd need it more than ever.

Less than 30 minutes had gone by since the call about Erwin and I was still panicking. I never specifically told Sebastian what had happened to the blonde prince but I think he understood well enough. Sebastian placed his hands on my shoulders as I frantically changed clothes. He unbuttoned my messy shirt and tucked it into my suit pants, then grabbed my red bottomed heels to put on my feet. He helped me into my blazer and then topped my head with a wide brimmed black felt hat.

Sebastian: "The prince will be just fine, your highness. His majesty is a strong one, he'll be ok," he reassured as I hyperventilated while he calmly put my glittering silver fringe earrings on. He moved his skillful hands and fixed my makeup before whispering again, "He'll be ok. It was as though he was reassuring me as well as himself. He'd lost us once before and I don't think he's forgiven himself for failing his duties.

Mya: "I don't know how long I'll be gone but I have a computer on Paradis so send the documents through there and I'll continue my duties while I tend to the idiot armless commander," I told Sebastian as I reached out a shaky hand to grab the large black suitcase of strewn clothes. "If you have time... can you pack a bag of clothes for Erwin and leave it at the penthouse?," I asked softly as I took a deep breath, let it out and walked as fast as I could to Jay. Sebastian nodded and followed behind me as my heels clicked against the black and white marble floors. "Ready?," I asked my twin who looked just as frantic as me.

Jay: "Yeah, I just didn't think we'd be going back there," he whispered as he picked up his bags. I understood where he was coming from. That island held some good times for us but most of it was pain and heartache. Now we'd be going back for more pain.

 We said goodbye to Sebastian and left him our request for more clothes, my documents and to let the kingdom know we'd be gone for a while. He received his orders and a hug from the both of us. Letting out my claws, I pushed my power out to the tips and opened a portal into our old penthouse before closing it behind us.

Over the last 4 years the elders as well as our Commanders, finally taught us how to open portals. I took almost a year to learn the skill but after the next 3 years it got easier. Pushing the power to the tips of our obsidian black claws, hurt at first but now it was second nature just like flying.

The portal let us out to the turfed roof top of our apartment building. We rushed to the golden elevator and down to the lobby where we gave the ladies at the desk a small hello before making it to the car garage.

Taking the clinking keys off the rack, I clicked open the trunk to my baby. My 1970's black dodge charger. The glossy black car popped its trunk for me and we threw our suitcases in the back. Already knowing the way, we blasted our music and drove to the Scouts HQ. While driving I called the unknown number and told Pixis to meet us outside the building.