« 𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎 »

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
Legacy Hazing
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

"All I'm saying is, you're not making your own choices, you're just doing what you're taught to do," Marcus said to Willie.

"Dude, this is disgusting. What the hell is it?" Daphne holds up the snack that Marcus gave her.

"Hit 'em with a right hook!" Willie yells to Marcus as they both play a video game.

Daphne groans dramatically from her place on Marcus's bed. "Yeah, ignore me, that works too."

"I don't really trust the sovereignty of any government. I mean, patriotism? What marketing asshole comes up with the idea that you get to feel noble by looking out for your own self interests?"

"Dude, no one's listening to your passionate speech about politics, or whatever it was, I wasn't listening either," Daphne told Marcus.

Marcus let out a little laugh, still focused on the game.

"Uppercut, uppercut!" Willie yelled. Marcus made a wrong move in the game and Willie glared at him. "Would you quit keeping it real at me and focus on the game, man?"

Daphne snorts. She starts feeling bored so she decides to snoop around Marcus's side of the room.

She looks under his pillow; nothing.

Under his bed; nothing.

In his bedside table drawer; a diary.

His diary.

With all of his private information in it.

She knows it would be wrong to look inside it, so she puts it back and closes the drawer. She looks inside the other drawer and finally finds a proper snack, a random chocolate bar that looked like it tasted good.

"Knockout, baby!"

"Yes! Suck my ass, Canadian crusher!" Marcus yelled at the same time as Willie.

"I would, and I ain't Canadian," Daphne joked, shrugging.

Marcus and Willie immediately turned to Daphne.

"What?!" They yelled in unison.

"Guys, it was a joke, calm down." She laughs.

They both shrugged and turned back around. Marcus took a bite of his snack and Daphne grimaced. "How are you eating that? You're gross."

"Hey, lemme get some." Willie tried to take some of Marcus's snack before Shabnam walked into the room, wearing a towel wrapped around his waist.

Daphne rolled her eyes when she saw Willie stand up. She knew what he was about to do, and she felt bad for Marcus.

"You best give me my money, Arguello. Or I'll make it hurt."

Marcus looked up at Willie confused. "I-I don't have a dime."

"I ain't asking for a dime, but I want my two dollars. You got 'till tomorrow." Willie walked past Shabnam, out of the dorm.

Shabnam closed the door and looked at Marcus. "Borrowing money from FWO? Smooth move, ex-lax. Their interest rates are exorbitant, and their collection methods are rather... Stabby."

Shabnam approached his bed and started looking for something.

"Get your man tits out of my face." Daphne grimaced.

Shabnam got embarrassed and put a shirt on.

"Hey, try bactine. If you get cut by something dirty, it can get infected," Marcus tells Shabnam.

Shabnam turned to Marcus with an 'are you serious' look.

"I- Uh, not that the dildo w-was dirty, o-or your mom- I, I don't know..."

"You wanna bow out on this one?" Shabnam asked.

"Yeah, very much," Marcus whispered in embarrassment.

Daphne bursted into laughter. "Hate to rain on your parade, but class starts soon. I need to go, see you in class Marcus."

She approached Marcus and hugged him before leaving the dorm.

The room is silent before Marcus breaks it.

"About the party... I'm sorry man, I should've done something."

Shabnam laughed, "That's just water under the proverbial bridge, compadre. Life's too short for grudges. Forgiven? Check. Forgotten? Checka-Checka-Checka!"

Shabnam looked around the room and found a pamphlet. "Oh!" He picked it up. "Dang, it's the old rat tutorial guide. Most of this stuff is like, way ancient, though. What you need, is the skinny from an in-the-know cat."

"Now, rats," Shabnam started as him and Marcus walked through the hallway. "Your people. They're the first of their family to attend Kings," he explained. "Some rats get extra jobs, uh, toilet scrubbing, infirmary watch, shithead Lex does mail, mopey Petra's on kitchen patrol."

"So if this place is built on classes, then why are you talking to me?" Marcus asked Shabnam.

"I'm friends with everybody," Shabnam shrugged.

They approached a table with two girls sitting behind it. One of them passed Shabnam a ticket.

"See you ladies on the dance floor." Shabnam took the ticket and looked at Marcus. "No rats at the legacy dance."

"Oh, bummer, I just had my asshole freshly douched," Marcus joked.

"Me too. Would you believe it?" Daphne approached Marcus and swung her arm around Marcus's shoulder.

"Aren't you going? You're a legacy," he asked her.

"Nope. Chico is making me spend time with him. I'm gonna ask if I can go with Saya, though. If she agrees to go."

A loud scream catches their attention, and they look over to find Billy with a mouse trap on his hand.

"Got one," Jaden said while laughing and high-fiving his friends.

"Mouse trap, I get it." Billy laughed painfully.

Daphne approached the boy who was laughing and kicked him in his stomach, making him fall to the floor. She got on top of him and started punching him in the face, she got a couple of punches in before Marcus pulled her off him.

"I wasn't done," she grumbled.

"You could've gotten in trouble!" Marcus said.

Daphne heard Chico's voice. She turned to see him talking to Viktor, who wasn't that far from her.

"Shit."

She rushed to the bathroom so Chico wouldn't see her with Marcus. She decided to clean herself up a little before going to class.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
A/N
don't forget to vote!
🫶