« 𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍 »

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
Party (part two)
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

The two of them look into each others eyes for a few moments.

"Did your mouth buy you this scar? A lot of weird shit comes out of it." Daphne reaches up and touches the scar that runs down his eye.

"No, it was my bunkmate at the boys home."

Daphne smiles. "He left the eye," she jokes.

"He's very generous," he says sarcastically.

Marcus looks at Daphne with a certain look in his eyes, one that sends the butterflies straight to her stomach.

"I bet it used to seem very significant," she says quietly.

"Used to?" He furrows his brows in confusion.

"Love, pain, nostalgia. Year by year, it doesn't hurt so much anymore. Whatever effect it had is mixed in like dye. Once dropped in, no changing the colour back." She sways slightly.

His lips twitch up into a smirk, "You're drunk."

Daphne frowns, but it turns out as more of a pout. "No I'm not."

He laughs softly, the sound making her stomach flip.

"That pout on your face says differently, baby."

Her cheeks redden at the name and she watches him lean closer. "Baby? I think you're drunk too," she whispers.

"Am I though?" He moves his hands to her waist and leans his forehead against hers. Her arms find their way around his neck.

Their lips are about to touch when they both hear Willie talking about that man again. All he did was brag. Daphne couldn't believe his friends actually believed him. Willie, killing someone? Be for real.

Marcus tenses and lets go of Daphne, forcefully opening the door and walking towards Willie. Daphne follows him and watches the scene unfold.

"All freaking day, listening to you brag. Why don't you shut up?!" Marcus pushed Willie.

"Hold up, hold up," Willie said to his group, who were walking towards Marcus.

Marcus stormed out of the house, Daphne deciding not to follow him when she sees Willie follow him.

"You wanna talk about it?" Willie asked Marcus.

"Nope."

"You feeling bad about..."

"I don't feel anything," Marcus cut Willie off and took his drink.

"You sure you ain't just drownin' it?" Willie asked as Marcus took a sip of the drink.

Marcus swallowed the drink and furrowed his eyebrows. "Fruit punch?"

Willie stayed silent and watched as Marcus threw the red cup on the ground.

"Fruit punch, pacifism, or whatever the heck that was last night, not exactly down by law gangster behaviour."