« 𝐒 𝐈 𝐗 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍 »

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
Plans
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

"Come on everybody, vote Shabnam for class president!" A boy says once the students enter the cafeteria, blood staining their clothes and faces. "I'll win with or without your help, but I'd much rather have your support. We need more nurses in the infirmary. We need stalls separating the group showers. If you put me in charge, there'll be-" Shabnam was cut off by Viktor, who put a bin over his head.

"Very funny, Viktor," a student said.

Chico spat on Shabnam before dragging Daphne with him to the Soto Vatos table.

Marcus took the bin off Shabnam's head and helped him up.

"Thanks," Shabnam said while fixing his clothes.

"No worries," Marcus replied.

Shabnam held his hand out for Marcus to shake. "Shabnam." He handed Marcus a mixtape, "Rock out the vote." He smiled.

"Thanks," Marcus said, walking away.

Marcus sat at Billy, Lex, and Petra's table as they ate their lunch.

"What happens to the kids who didn't make it through? Are they-"

"Dead," Petra cuts Marcus off.

Marcus looks to the side, and in the distance Shabnam waves at him. Marcus hesitantly waves back.

"New pal?" Lex questions with a mocking tone.

"I'm not really into the hierarchy, don't normally shit on the physically unattractive, but that dude and his crew are highly annoying," Petra says to Marcus.

"Crew?" He asks with a small smirk.

"The goop patrol. Banker kids, mafia accountants, NASA," Billy replied.

"NASA?" Marcus chuckled.

"Oh, there's a lot they're not telling you," Lex replied, shaking his head.

"Whatever, I'm not gonna watch some kid get bullied," Marcus said.

"These animals see kindness as weakness. Safer to be a prick." Petra looked towards Shabnam who approached the table and set his tray down.

"Any of you guys seen the, uh, new Spuds MacKenzie commercial?" Shabnam questioned. He sat down next to Marcus.

"You've brought a plague on our house." Petra sent a glare to Marcus.

Marcus took a bite of his food.

"You know, I hear they don't really give that dog beer. PETA or some left-wing baby would complain." Shabnam smiled.

"Do you know what goes great with people who love beer commercials? A bullet in the box." Lex imitated a gun with two of his fingers and put them up to his head.

"Anyway, Marcus, my parental units are gonna be out of town, so me and the crew were thinking of firing up the Commodore 64, a little 'Castle Wolfenstein', a charcuterie plate," Shabnam explained.

Lex pretended to stab himself.

"My dad prob left some amaretto too, if we wanna get a little crazy," Shabnam tried to convince Marcus.

Marcus's eyes lit up at the mention of alcohol, and he turned to Shabnam, "We're in."

Billy choked on his drink, "Come again?"

"School's dry. You know, somethings better than nothing," Marcus said.

"My dad was clear, just a few friends," Shabnam explained.

Billy stood up and walked behind Shabnam's chair, and put his hands on Shabnam's shoulders. "You can't win an election with just a few friends."

"You need to connect with a proletariat." Lex shrugged.

"It'll be a... Small gathering. We promise." Marcus smirked.

"During the pop quiz, you were awful close to Marcus," Saya says to Daphne.

The two girls are spending some time together in Daphne's dorm.

"Lin made him my secret pledge," Daphne explained.

"No way. So anything that psycho does is on you?" Saya questioned.

"Yeah." Daphne sighed.

A few moments of silence pass before Daphne breaks it.

"I kissed him," she admits to her best friend. She watches as Saya gives her a shocked look. "Twice," she continues hesitantly.

"Daphne! You know if Chico finds out-"

"Relax Saya, it won't happen again," she cuts Saya off.

A few seconds pass before Saya smirks.

"How was it?"

"Saya!"

Saya's face went serious. "You like him, don't you?"

Daphne freezes. "Can we not talk about this?"

The truth was, she did. Daphne started to like the new boy, but she couldn't do anything about it. Her actions would have consequences, and she knew it.

"Fine... Anyways, I know you've been stressed lately. The party is just what we need. But it'd be so much better if you didn't bring... Him," Saya said, referring to Chico.

"You know he won't let me go alone. He's insecure, thinks I'm cheating with him any chance I get. But it's fine, I've got him under control."

"Unless he knows you technically did," Saya reasons. "Twice."

"Sup." Chico entered the room. He let out a breath when he saw what Daphne was wearing. A dark purple tank top that showed off some of her cleavage. She crossed her arms over her chest to cover herself. "Get on your finery, baby. Tonight, we're hitting the town." Chico smiled.

Daphne looked at Saya then back at Chico. "But, the party? I thought we were going-"

"Forget the kiddie pool," He cuts her off. "I'm taking you out for some high-class romance."

"You ever ask what she wants?" Saya asks.

Chico glares at Saya. "I know you ain't got no man. But when two people are in love, sometimes they surprise each other with nice things."

Daphne shakes her head at Saya, not wanting her to say anything else.

Saya turns her gaze back to Chico, "Lucky girl."

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
A/N
make sure to vote! love you.
🫶