« 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍 »

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
Graveyard
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

"The graveyard," Billy says as he shows Marcus around the groups hangout spot. "Hideaway of the kooks, subculture elitist's, and the disenfranchised substance of losers. Those in general who don't mix well with others."

Billy and Marcus approach Lex and Petra, who are sharing a cigarette and talking about something random.

"Petra and Lex, meet Marcus, the new rat," Billy says as he grabs a cigarette.

"The orphanage killer that's got to fight Chico?" Lex questioned, his British accent visible in his words.

Marcus puts his bag down on the floor and sits on a chair.

"Lex is head of the civility club," Billy jokes.

"Civility is just lying to people about your true feelings, wanker," Lex says, exhaling a puff of smoke.

"Not an affliction you suffer from," Marcus jokes, making Petra and Billy smile.

"Oh, extra credit for making Petra smile." Billy chuckles.

"Smile? Surprised you could tell from all that makeup," Lex jokes. "How long does it take to paint that foolish sad clown face, Petra, love?"

Petra glares at him before taking taking another drag from her cigarette.

The group hear footsteps make their way to the graveyard, then see Daphne approaching them.

She had made an excuse to get out of the cafeteria, so Chico doesn't suspect anything. She couldn't risk him seeing her hanging out with the rats, especially Marcus, after their little problem.

"Hey guys, my excuse actually worked this-" Daphne pauses when she sees Marcus. "Is he gonna be hanging with us now?" She turns to Billy, Lex, and Petra.

"Yep," Billy answers simply.

"Oh, okay," Daphne says, grabbing a chair and sitting next to Marcus. She grabs her packet of cigarettes from her bag and checks if there's any left, and groans when she sees it empty, throwing it on the floor.

"Want one?" Marcus says, holding a cigarette out from his pack.

She smiles, "Thank you."

She takes the cigarette along with his lighter and lights it up, then gives him the lighter back. After taking a puff of her cigarette, she speaks.

"So, what did I miss?"

"You missed the sad clown smiling for once," Lex joked.

Daphne snorts, making Petra send her a glare. She shrugs and takes a drag of her cigarette.

Daphne offers Marcus the cigarette, and he takes it and inhales, before giving it back to her.

"What about it, new friend? What barbaric ambition inspires you?" Petra asks Marcus.

Daphne raises an eyebrow, "Already asking that, Petra? At least let him settle in first," she jokes.

"I'm gonna kill a guy who ruined my life. I'm gonna assassinate Ronald Reagan," Marcus says.

Marcus watches as everyone starts laughing, except for Daphne.

"What the heck are you guys laughing at? I'm sure he has good reason," she says to Billy, Lex, and Petra, who stop laughing.

Marcus sighs and looks at Daphne, who smiles apologetically at him. "Don't listen to them."

A few minutes pass when Billy puts music on the boombox. Marcus slowly reaches out and puts his hand on top of Daphne's. She looks at their hands then at him, with a small smile. He returns the smile before Billy starts speaking about something, pulling them out of their little moment.

"I'm gonna go to my dorm, I'm feeling kinda tired." Daphne stands up. "Bye guys."

She starts walking towards the exit of the graveyard, when someone grabs her arm and turns her around.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
A/N
don't forget to vote, thank you all for reading
🫶