The Connection

Ford:
When Stanley told me our great nephew and great niece were coming to Gravity falls to move in with us, I was ecstatic but I had many thoughts and doubts, how do I interact with them? My lab isn't safe! Why doesn't Stanley tell me these things sooner?! I immediately started to get the attic cleaned up for them and then I felt an odd energy enter the town. I chalked it up to the town being the town but then when I met the great Kids, I knew it wasn't just the town. I immediately recognized Dipper as the child I had found in the Nightmare Realm. I had built a device and plugged it on the back of his jaw/ear to contain his immense amount of magical power, then sent him to live with Sheremy and her husband. I knew I had to keep watch over this kid or the supernatural entities would do everything they could to get to him, especially Bill.

I noticed that he had a journal with him but when I asked about it he hid it in his vest and shrugged it off as unimportant. Curiosity was killing me, I wanted to know what the contents of the journal were despite me making my own but decided to leave it alone for now. When we got their things to the Mystery Shack I noticed he easily took the heavy bags upstairs despite his scrawny appearance. I wanted to know how the kid was faring in the human realm so Idecided to watch him. I ended up freaking him out though because now he avoids me like the plague. I decided that after a few months of them being here it was time for me to try and talk to him. I had no problem talking to Mable but when it came to Dipper he would often try to dodge conversations with me.  I asked Mable why this was and she told me he was shy around people.

I knew Dipper got up earlier than the rest of us and started getting up even earlier to avoid running into me so when I got up the same time he did he was shocked. "Good morning Dipper." I said trying to interact with the kid. He nodded and quickly put the eggs away he was about to start making. "Why are you putting the eggs away?" I asked causing him to flinch. "I'm not hungry..." he said and his stomach growled saying otherwise. "Really?" I asked raising my eyebrow amused by him trying to dodge me. I then noticed his eyes turned a fiery gold and this caught me off guard so I tried to ask him if he was okay. His eyes were different from how it looked when Bill possessed someone so I knew it was still Dipper. When I moved to make sure he was okay however he jumped back and then ran for the door. Deciding it was in my best interest to get to know him, I let him go despite my many questions.

I was walking through the living room later that afternoon, when I saw Dipper was taking a nap and his journal was on his chest. I then saw Wendy and Mable going over to grab it and they successfully managed to do so. Dipper was still out cold. I followed them to the attic where they begun reading and talking then I decided to knock on the door. "Yeah?" Mable asked. "It's Ford, Can I come in?" "Sure." I then opened the door and saw the two girls staring at me. I noticed they hid the journal under Mable's pillow. "You have Dipper's journal." I said smirking at their attempt to hide it. "Please don't tell him!" Mable pleaded. I laughed and explained that I was interested in it too. "Wait why you?" Mabel asked raising an eyebrow. "Well, I've always been one to study the supernatural and I have a feeling that that journal has some answers I need." He explained. "Oh! Just like Dipper then." I nodded but was internally surprised to hear about him being interested in the supernatural.

"We give up trying to read it, it's in a code we can't Decipher." Wendy said while Mable frowned and handed it to Ford. "Give it back to him when you're done, this journal means the world to him." She said then the two girls walked away leaving me with the journal. When I opened it I was astonished to see the details if the drawings and observations the boy had made. I knew this language all too well it was the Reverse Cipher Language. "How does he know the language? It hasn't been recorded in any history book on earth..." I thought and continued to read. I remembered how I used invisible ink on some of the pages I wrote and sure enough he had done the same thing. The invisible ink showed a personal diary and logs of his own inner thoughts. One log in particular caught my attention. "Wendy saw me when I lost control... I feel so ashamed and embarrassed. I have no idea how I formed those Rainbow flames but I do know one thing, I want to learn more about what I can do. I wonder if Bill knows what this is. He's an all powerful dream demon right? Maybe I can ask him.... No one here will ever understand me or try to help me so he may just very well be my last resort." I paled when he mentioned Bill's name. That dream demon was dangerous and would no doubt be all over this kid's magical power.

I heard a commotion downstairs and then heard frantic running towards the attic. I quickly put the journal on the kid's bed and waited. When he came in and saw his journal he was relieved but then he saw me and his relived look quickly disappeared. "What were you doing?" He asked cautiously while getting to his journal. "Stay away from Bill Cipher." I said making his eyes widen. "How... I write that in a language no one should know!" He said. I noted his eyes starting to regain the fiery gold color. "He's dangerous. He will undoubtedly try to use you for his own selfish gain." I said continuing what I had wanted to say. "How do you know?" he looked at me skeptically. "I've experienced it first hand." I said making his eyes widen. The fiery golden color disappeared and I saw him relax if only a little. "You don't think I'm Crazy?" He asked me nervously. "Of course not, Gravity falls is a very odd town and I've seen my fair share of supernatural Entities as well." I explained.

"I must say I'm very impressed with your observations and drawing skills." I started. "Thanks." He said then we continued to talk about the supernatural and our experiences deep into the late hours. I found out I had quite a bit in common with the kid. I was happy he was finally starting to warm up to me. Mable came into the room and had told us we missed dinner. I was fine because I usually ate dinner in my lab but Dipper didn't eat, when I looked at him I found he was fast asleep on the floor with his journal in his hands. I picked him up and put him on his bed then left the two siblings to their own.